PDA

View Full Version : V6 Spark plugs

Kieran
25-07-2004, 10:54 PM
I think Hordak's idle is ever so slightly lumpy every now and again.

To combat this, A tank full of optimax + redex is currently going through his fuel lines and I'm booking it into the dealers for it's 72,000 mile service (it's a little overdue @ 75,000).

I'd like to have a look at the plugs in the meantime as they can tell you a lot about the general state of the engine, but it looks like removing them will be a multiple swear word job.... :rolleyes5

Anyone attempted this?

zedy1
25-07-2004, 11:15 PM
i have and its easy :-b

Kieran
25-07-2004, 11:17 PM
i have and its easy :-b

Wanna create a post in the member's area with a quick run-down of what to do then Mo? :) :) :bow: :bow:

zedy1
25-07-2004, 11:20 PM
Would love to, but im not to good with computers although i play with car every day. all you need to do is remove the plastic cover and it will look easier than what you think, or if your popping down my way then ill do it for you and you could bring a camera with you

Kieran
25-07-2004, 11:22 PM
Fair enough.... I'll whip off the engine cover and have a little lookse then! :D

lorriman
28-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Kieran
Hope the new car is going well. If you ever find a solution to the 'lumpy' tickover please let me know. I am led to believe that there is no solution to this due to strict emission laws etc.
Nige

ako
28-07-2004, 09:11 AM
It LOOKS tricky at first, but all it comes down to is undoing a bunch of bolts. You'll be fiiine ;)

Just don't drop anything down the intake runners :p

colVR4
28-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Kieran,

Congratulations on the recent addition to your family :-D

I have found that when iddling in neutral the car judders a bit from the lumpy iddling but when in drive with my foot on the brake it doesn't. There was a thread from a while back that said it was down to the emissions regulations but that you can get new engine mounts that reduce this. I will see if I can find it.......

I think it is a common problem amongst the V6-24 fraternity

colVR4
28-07-2004, 09:46 AM
Well I found the thread:

http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2812

but I can't seem to get it to work. I think it may be due to all the website problems.

ritch_w
28-07-2004, 10:03 AM
change the ".co.uk" to ".com" and it works;

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2812

;)

Kieran
28-07-2004, 10:43 AM
Thanks guys:) I'd forgotten about this... I think this is what it must be, as anything other than idle and it's fine.

The only other time I've noticed it is with the throttle closed at low speeds in a high gear (say 5th at 33mph), which emphasises the engine.

Hmm.... Shame, because as soon as you rev it, it's an utter delight! :-D

lorriman
28-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks guys:) I'd forgotten about this... I think this is what it must be, as anything other than idle and it's fine.

The only other time I've noticed it is with the throttle closed at low speeds in a high gear (say 5th at 33mph), which emphasises the engine.

Hmm.... Shame, because as soon as you rev it, it's an utter delight! :-D

Ah the cat's out of the bag now. You poo pooed (or is that pooh poohed? :toilet: ) my criticism of the lumpy engine at tickover. It's a different story now you have one of your own isn't it Mr clever clogs! :arse:

Kieran
28-07-2004, 10:00 PM
Ah the cat's out of the bag now. You poo pooed (or is that pooh poohed? :toilet: ) my criticism of the lumpy engine at tickover. It's a different story now you have one of your own isn't it Mr clever clogs! :arse:

:furious3:

Bah! I stand by what I said!

I notice a slight vibration every now and again - as I said, "EVER SO SLIGHLY LUMPY" but for most of the time if there was no rev counter I wouldn't know there was an engine running!

So don't give me none of that "Mr Clever Clogs"!!!! :lipsrseal :rolleyes5 :p You just had a duff engine mount - hence your kangarooing Galant!

Case closed! :screwu: :-D

Big Ian
29-07-2004, 12:17 AM
:lolz: :nono: you just dont know how good they are?.., till they are gone :headsc:

lorriman
29-07-2004, 12:46 PM
:furious3:

Bah! I stand by what I said!

I notice a slight vibration every now and again - as I said, "EVER SO SLIGHLY LUMPY" but for most of the time if there was no rev counter I wouldn't know there was an engine running!

So don't give me none of that "Mr Clever Clogs"!!!! :lipsrseal :rolleyes5 :p You just had a duff engine mount - hence your kangarooing Galant!

Case closed! :screwu: :-D

You oughta sit in mine when it's idling!

Even with the new solid engine mount it gently sends you to sleep. They should call it the Mitsubishi Cradle. Some people lean up against a spinning washing machine (so I am told), I just sit in the car.

Big Ian
29-07-2004, 01:19 PM
some people lean up against a spinning washing machine (so I am told), I just sit in the car.

i knew this girl once...and well..she had a thing for "fast spin :laugh: "..i tell you that girl could burn out a motor in a week!! (God's honest truth)

:topic: sorry i just had to!!

lorriman
29-07-2004, 05:11 PM
i knew this girl once...and well..she had a thing for "fast spin :laugh: "..i tell you that girl could burn out a motor in a week!! (God's honest truth)

:topic: sorry i just had to!!

No that's just so ON TOPIC! Tell us more.

Kieran
29-07-2004, 07:35 PM
No that's just so ON TOPIC! Tell us more.

:lolz: Have you got her address?! :lipsrseal :lipsrseal :$

Oh, hi Alex!! :$ :bow: :nokiss: :scelp: :end:

Big Ian
29-07-2004, 07:36 PM
:laugh: it was a few year,s back we used to call her "twin tub sally"..one of my mates that i worked on club door's with used to get asked to go home with her every week.Then 1 week he say's he'd heard she has a strange place for having S.E.X
so boy's being boy's,at the end of the night he took her up on her offer?
next night he told us "it was going well till she say's let's do it in the kitchen?
they went in,started to do stuff? then she sat on the washer spread her self,he went on his knee's (started breathing through his ear's! if you know what i mean?) then as thing's came to a climax she held him firm with her leg's switched the plug on and the washer went straight on to spin
i was trying to keep a straight face but after he told me that he near broke his nose... :laugh:
did'nt stop the next week though!!

RED
29-07-2004, 11:49 PM
Now I know why my Mum would never let Dad mend her twin tub :-D :laugh: :$

Big Ian
29-07-2004, 11:53 PM
Now I know why my Mum would never let Dad mend her twin tub :-D :laugh: :$
Hi Red.....
Must have had loose weight's as :laugh: that would help it "vibrate" more

RED
29-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Must have it used to travel from one end of the kitchen to the other :rolleyes5 No wonder she never minded doing the washing like other women :lipsrseal :$ shame mines built under the worktop :sad3: :rolleyes5

Big Ian
30-07-2004, 12:21 AM
:$ shame mines built under the worktop :sad3: :rolleyes5

well Red..You could alway's "pull it out" :lipsrseal
.wait for it?................................ :laugh:

RED
30-07-2004, 12:31 AM
well Red..You could alway's "pull it out" :lipsrseal
.wait for it?................................ :laugh:

No don't know what you mean :rolleyes5 Are you refering to Kieran's spark plugs? Is that what makes them lumpy then? Spark plugs to washing machines in a handful of threads :-D that's why I like this forum more than the others it's so friendly :-D

Big Ian
30-07-2004, 12:37 AM
:-D that's why I like this forum more than the others it's so friendly :-D
"YOU SAID IT GIRL" :hurrah: :beerclash :grouphug: :adore:
"an i'll second it" :-D

Brind
30-07-2004, 01:45 AM
Friendly? you wait until Kieran comes back with his tyrant of abuse for hijacking his thread! :whip: :laugh:

Kieran
30-07-2004, 07:25 AM
Friendly? you wait until Kieran comes back with his tyrant of abuse for hijacking his thread! :whip: :laugh:

"Tirade of abuse" my dear fellow, not "Tyrant"!!! :p :-D

And as for the rest of you...

:wtf: :topic: :spam1: :soapbox: GERROUTOFIT!!!

:lolz:

Big Ian
30-07-2004, 10:49 AM
:topic: :sad3: .. :bow: SOZ Kieran..you know how it is? one thing lead's to another and...before you know it :| :headsc: we just always end up talking about something else :angel1: :$

ON TOPIC..
:) so mate how did you get on with those sparky-pluggy's? are you up-grading them for iridium item's?

:D

RED
30-07-2004, 11:50 AM

Oooops :$ sorry
The thing with threads on here is that they always end up being like a conversation and then other things pop up we are all just so friendly :grouphug:
I will have to stop this though or else I'm going to get run out of town :$

nick-f1
30-07-2004, 05:08 PM

Think Brind was spot on with TYRANT, although not in the context he meant! :laugh: :lipsrseal

Kieran
30-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Think Brind was spot on with TYRANT, although not in the context he meant! :laugh: :lipsrseal

Vot did you say?! :veryangry

Sargeant! ARREST ZAT MAN AND TAKE HIM TO ZE TORTUR CHAMBR!!!! :whip: :furious3:

Maybe the man has a point! :$:$ :uhoh2: