PDA

View Full Version : Some advice on bush's

spm01
28-02-2010, 06:23 PM
my vr4 passed it's mot a litle while back but they gave me advisory on my front track control arm inner bush for both sides.
just wondering if someone could point in the direction of some cheap replacment ones please.

i am looking at camskill but cant see anything for track control arm?? i am by no means mechanically minded so could these be called something else on camskill?
also does anyone know if i can get just the bush from camskill or will it be a complete piece of kit?

sorry if i sound like an idiot, but i am and cant help it...

Gly
28-02-2010, 07:36 PM
if by track they mean toe,

then you cant replace this bush, its a whole new arm,

but there are a 2-3 arms back there so best to get it off the ground to check which has play

Davezj
28-02-2010, 07:45 PM
from the original description it sound like you are talking about an arm at the front of the car, but when you say track control arm the one that sping to mind is the one Gly is refering to (toe control arm) is at the back of the car.
the toe control arm at the back of the car is a very odd but of kit. when you grab it and twist it about it's long axis it is quite free to wobble about, but it need to be able to do that to adjust the rear toe correctly. i was shocked to find mine moved so much when i first started looking around my car.

they could be taling about the curved arm at the front of the car.

spm01
28-02-2010, 10:04 PM
oh didn't realiase there would be so many different options. i just typed what was on the advisory ticket from the mot station.
i will get it up in the air one day in the week and see what 1 has the most play in it.

thanks for the advice so far guys and i will get back once i know whats going on.