Clifford Concept 600 Thatcham Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser

RAC Trackstar - lifetime subscription paid - also with euro breakdown
i.e. phone (microphone/speaker) with system to request SOS/breakdown help

National Racing discs at front with Ferodo pads - fitted April 2004
- approx 2000mls since then

Original front discs also with car

Plus spare set brand new Ferodo pads
plus part used Mitsubishi pads

and of course std power output 280 bhp increased now to ? prob 300 bhp due to induction kit and partic free flowing TubeTorque exhaust system

If asking price is agreed all spare parts/oe included and possibly include:
Garmin GPS V sat nav in car with map cd
and Morpheous Geodesy Plus in car with modem

I think tht's everything covered but get in touch re questions if interested

Offers OIRO £9500

chris g
26-07-2004, 12:33 PM
Here are some photos showing car, non std wing and interior

chris g
26-07-2004, 08:57 PM
Before 99 car is sold it looks like I may manage one more visit to Nurburgring Nordschleife - group will include hopefully MR2 turbos, Mazda RX7 turbo, an Evo 7 and Nissan 350Z from Italy plus my VR-4

Should be going Fri 13 Aug 0700 Dover ferry and returning either Mon 16 or Tue 17 Aug prob 1400 or 1515 ferry

More likely to be Tue 17 Aug return

Anyone want a ride out to the Ring as passenger with me or bring your car

If passenger you pay your hotel, food and drink - no other costs - journey is more pleasant with a passenger although we travel as a group usually

Italian cars will be joining us from Sicily and Genoa

Hopefully ferry journies will coincide/meet at Dover or we may meet en route in France or Belgium

So, anyone interested?

chris g
27-07-2004, 06:18 PM
Forgot to mention brake upgrade:

National Racing discs at front with Ferodo pads - fitted April 2004
- approx 2000mls since then

and of course std power output 280 bhp increased now to prob 300 bhp due to induction kit and partic free flowing TubeTorque exhaust system

chris g
28-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Car details updated - see full spec

Japmetal
28-07-2004, 06:53 PM
I'd love to doa deal, but I'd still be about £9,000 short on the asking price :Cry1:

chris g
28-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Well I know I mentioned negotiation and I am flexible about the deal but thats a bit more flexibility than I can manage!

chris g
01-08-2004, 05:02 PM

chris g
02-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Come on people, surely there must be someone out there who wants to get into VR-4 ownership and is able/willing to haggle about price

I am willing to listen to offers but nobody seems interested!

Is it me, the car or the price?

Me and the car cannot change but the price is negotiable!

Phil S
02-08-2004, 02:43 PM
How about a straight swap for a 2000 V6 sport, an XBOX, Harman Kardon Amp, a Compaq laptop and some naughty pics of me misses ;)

chris g
03-08-2004, 12:08 PM
Does that include Project Gotham Racing 2 as that game includes the Nurburgring Nordschleife

But to clinch the deal it would not have to be just some of the photos but ALL of them

and NOT JUST the photos but the real thing!

Does she realise how valuable she is? - the equal, nearly, of a 99 VR-4!!!

Phil S
03-08-2004, 01:10 PM
I'll take pics to order! PG2 is fantastic, especially the Nurburgring Nordschleife. Good luck with selling it on Ebay ;)

Phil S
03-08-2004, 01:12 PM
If I chuck in my 21 yr old sister can I have the GPS too? :-D

Il Dottore
03-08-2004, 03:08 PM
Chris,

Normally I'd be beating a path to your door, but I promised myself another UK spec! It ticks all the boxes apart from that one!

Sorry for the pointless post!

Phil.
:lipsrseal

Spirit
03-08-2004, 11:37 PM
Chris I may be wrong or misguided here, but I guess I face the same issue when I come to sell mine - everyone on here knows you have ragged her around the odd track or two and despite the fact we know the VR4 can admirably cope with that it is sure to put some off.

chris g
10-08-2004, 05:41 PM
If ragged her around the track is a way of saying she has been hammered and pushed to the limit perhaps even mistreated then she has not been ragged anywhere.

A number of the club wrote of running out of brakes at a CC I believe it was because they were pushing the cars, hard throttle/heavy braking

I said Inever ran out of brakes at any track and BDA said I was not driving fast enough, well perhaps I wasn't but that indicats how 'ragged' my car has been.

I had an argument with another of our memebers - he crashed his car at Ring - he said you should only go to Ring if you had upgraded brakes and were going to race the other cars around the Ring (Porsche or whatever was in sight ) - I argued that you could go slower and enjoy yourself without punishing/crashing the car

That is how my car has been driven - in a way to enjoy its speedd and handling - people will have to decide on that basis whether it is a car to be purchased

Many on this Forum may in trouble then when selling because I would guess quite a number of owners cars on this Forum have been 'ragged' to the limit on the road much harder than I drive at the Ring!

But realistically, a car driven to enjoy its performance and handling should not be a worry, however.....a thought for you Pete, and others on this Forum

In my experience many people looking to buy imports/performance cars avoid cars that have been raced/dragged/chipped/turbo boosted/run with NO because they are worried about what lies ahead with such a car.

enigma
10-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Try and convince a potential buyer that even after many trips to the ring and a mod list 'as long as your arm' it has never been thrashed!

Sure there are cars that have had a much harder life, but I also think a lot more will have had an easier one!

I see it didn't sell on EBAY, shame as Zedy seemed to be the highest bidder, he would have given it a good home (along with several other cars!)

I hope someone does snap it up as I am sure they will get a lot of enjoyment from it!

chris g
11-08-2004, 08:11 AM
Most of my time at the Ring has been in an MR2 - I think VR-4 has been 3 times.

I am very modest with my 'mods list' - I have short arms - induction/exhaust/springs/front discs and pads.

Its actually never been 'thrashed' but no matter how well we take care of our cars people will always make up their own minds about what they will buy and the VR-4, for many, is a venture into the unknown.

It remains on sale due to my circumstances so will just wait and see if an enlightened person takes the plunge

Japmetal
12-08-2004, 06:17 PM
I wouldn't worry - I will probably be reaching for my chequebook by the end of this weekend :lipsrseal :$

nick-f1
12-08-2004, 09:45 PM
I wouldn't worry - I will probably be reaching for my chequebook by the end of this weekend :lipsrseal :$

Go On, you know you want to! :laugh: :lipsrseal

chris g
24-08-2004, 12:51 PM
Car details updated 24-08-04

and

99 VR-4 Type-S tiptronic saloon still for sale

chris g
27-08-2004, 08:27 AM
Seems we have new members and VR-4s disapearing from pages of AutoTrader

Well this 99 VR-4 Type-S tiptronic saloon is still for sale!

chris g
29-08-2004, 09:23 AM
Update of car details 29-08-04 - I forgot to mention that original cat is available with car - car has passed MoT since s/s system fitted and the cat was removed

chris g
27-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Details updated 27-09-04

Forgot to mention that car has:

Adjustable steering column

Also Garmin GPS/Morpheous Geodesy being used in another car so may be included if price is right

Come on JapMetal you know that this is the car for you!

chris g
28-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Advert amended and modified 28-09-04

Now conforming with requested style

And it's still FS: UK - for sale in the UK

chris g
28-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Sorry, thought I had changed thread to preferred title for advert but just changed title within the message

jerryd_33
29-09-2004, 09:28 PM
hi m8 , i see that you are still trying to sell if not already sold your car . i did contact you about doing an exchange with my Mercedes C230 KOMPRESSOR Saloon plus some extra cash ,but you said you are really looking to sell the car . are you absolutely sure you do not want to do so ? because i will be able to meet your asking price of £9500.00 or even go a little more than that !!!!!!!!

jerryd_33
29-09-2004, 09:39 PM
its me again , forgot to say but if you want and do this deal please send me your email address so i can send you pics of my car , my email address is --- DIASGERALD@AOL.COM ---- or if i can have a contact phone number of yours i will give you a call so that we can come to some kind of arrangement .

chris g
13-10-2004, 06:22 PM
Do not know of black Legnum for sale but my black saloon still for sale!

chris g
08-11-2004, 09:23 PM
FS: UK - 99 T reg VR-4 tiptronic saloon still for sale

If not bought then may be containered for trip to NZ and tour the land of the common or garden white kiwi variety

chris g
22-11-2004, 07:39 PM
FS: UK VR-4 saloon

Update 22-11-04 - still for sale although probable deal imminent

New battery recently

Also two new rear tyres after puncture in a rear tyre

Toyo not available so two other new matching rear tyres bought

chris g
25-11-2004, 05:31 PM
99 VR-4 tiptronic saloon still for sale

Forgot to mention that after rear tyre puncture, car has extra spare as a Toyo TS-1 is in boot - only done approx 2k mls

meepers
26-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Man.. If I could get you to ship her to the US...... I would be all over that. it would be way easier to start with a real VR4 instead of converting my US spec I4 over.

chris g
26-11-2004, 08:13 PM
Well it's not sold yet so you could check out cost/how it would be shipped to USA

If my current deal did not go through and you did buy it and you arranged to pay a uk shipping company, then I would do my bit to get it to them for the containerisation and the journey

chris g
14-12-2004, 11:00 AM
VR-4 SOLD - My baby has gone - I am no more!

Physician
14-12-2004, 11:10 AM

Awww Chris, that's so sad as I know you cherished that machine.

Look on the bright side ......... you have a life changing move to a wonderful country in the new year - and I bet you end up getting another VR4 out there.

Good luck pal ........... ;)

Spirit
14-12-2004, 05:47 PM

Congrats Chris - I know you are probably gutted but I guess its the best thing in the long run.

Did she go to anyone on here ? If not did you tell them about us mate ?

Jimbo
14-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Awww, Chris.....mixed feelings mate! I'm glad you got it sold as I know that's what you needed, but I'm also very sad to hear the beast has finally gone.

Plenty of good car options for you in New Zealand though! :)

LOL, just seen your "CAR" description.....I feel sorry for that poor Citroen, I bet it's being revved somewhat more than it's used to!