PDA

View Full Version : what coilies and exhaust?

Vinyl Works
01-03-2010, 11:46 PM
as it seems my leggy is about to materialise I was wondering what option are there for decent coilovers and exhaust? it's not the most popular car and aftermarket parts are few or am I wrong? will the coilies affect the ayc?

giblet
01-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Get a fujitsubo super legalis r for the exhaust!

AlanDITD
02-03-2010, 12:04 AM
I had the diayama coilovers, they were second hand but acceptabe on the road (very bumpy country roads) and improved the handling alot.

Pedro has the car now, so im sure he can comment on them aswell!

pedro
02-03-2010, 12:42 AM
I had the diayama coilovers, they were second hand but acceptabe on the road (very bumpy country roads) and improved the handling alot.

Pedro has the car now, so im sure he can comment on them aswell!

:iagree:
Yeah..... their pretty firm, but it does handle much better than my old leggy on stocks.

Does feel like my head may fall off everytime i hit a pothole, drain, speedbump or cigarette butt.

Had to lift the car a bit when i got it from Alan, which is a shame as it looked real mean on the deck.
Im guessing there aren't many speedbumps between where he used to live and the dragstrip....... :sweethear

AlanDITD
02-03-2010, 12:47 AM
LOL in 300 yards there were 0 speed humps..... haha

psbarham
02-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Running diayamas on mine, and with some careful setting up they are very smooth with good control, i would say mine are 80% of the way to being set up really well, and they don't crash over potholes.

exhaust, I have a what is believed to be a 2.75" blueflame system on mine, which flows pretty well, and to be fair is quieter than my V6 was when cruising.

Nick Mann
02-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Suspension - depends what you want. The Daiyamas have had some negative feedback for build quality and harshness, the Tein Superwagons have had bad feedback for being to soft.

I have Superwagons and I like them. Slightly firmer than stock but not unpleasant enough to spoil a daily driver.

Exhaust - I think if I needed to buy one I would go custom, making sure there were two in line silencers and a decent size back box. I'd want to make sure it all flowed well though!