PDA

View Full Version : Sunglasses Centre Consoul Holder - quick question...

HMG1K
03-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Some coins have slipped out of my sunglasses centre consoul so it now doesn't close flush - how can I get these out, please?

I've taken the panelling off in the passenger footwell and can see the coins trapped - but the sunglasses holder seems to be a 'sealed' in unit. Do I have to remove the centre dash (which I have done before) or is there an easier / quicker way?

I use my sunglasses tray as a 'parking meter coin holder for loose change and I may have over-filled it!

Thank you! :)

Confused
03-03-2010, 12:39 PM
The sunglasses holder *does* pull out as a separate unit - however, if it's never come out before, it'll be very tight, and might be best to remove the whole centre dash and push the little clips from behind, rather than forcing it (it's a bit looser after the first time!)

Roberto
03-03-2010, 12:42 PM
I knew Kieran had done this, here you go.

This is the tricky bit. You now need to release the bottom clips. They're right at the bottom of the plastic, and you can't get at them from the side. The easiest way round this is to use the sunglasses holder. Grab hold of the back of it, as shown in the picture below, and pull towards you. You'll feel some resistance, but carry on using a firm, steady pressure, and both clips will release:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3293&highlight=gear+surround

martin_y
03-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Cool, I have the same problem.

chris g
03-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Do you have drop down draw - does not sound correct - on drivers side...?

Better place for car park/meter coins...?

HMG1K
03-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks, everyone! Problem solved - and only thanks to all your help! I took the centre consoul out (just to be safe) and followed all your advice and it popped out! I can see now how it works going into and out of the centre dash, should this happen again. :-)

Martin - when you get it out (it's quite easy, be firm yet gentle) you'll see once the sunglasses holder is in your hands, open the tray draw, and then shake the holder until the coins fall out of the gap around the tray - the actual draw (although sprung mounted) doesn't open more than it does when it is in position in the dash.

Chris - may give that a go. I've my bluetooth and tyre pressure guage in that cubby hole!

Thanks, again, everyone! :-)