PDA

View Full Version : Foot well vents not blowing much

HMG1K
03-03-2010, 12:30 PM
My heater vents in the footwell aren't blowing much air.

I've tried this with the fans full on heat and cold - and with the face level vents shut (making sure the digital display reads the icon that says the air is going to the footwell).

Any ideas please? There is some air coming out in the footwell - but I could buff harder than the pressure coming out of the vents at the moment!

The rest of the vents are fine.

Thank you!

Roberto
03-03-2010, 12:37 PM
I would suggest that the connector to the vents is no longer connected, but sorry, would have no idea where or how.

steelie600
03-03-2010, 02:32 PM
To be fair mine are the same and my pipes are defo on properly, just not much windy stuff coming out. Im off work permanently now so ill rip dash board off and have a ganders and let you know how i fixed it.

Turbo_Steve
03-03-2010, 06:34 PM
I would wager that the motor that moves the flap inside the heaterbox has become tired and needs to be replaced.

Unfortunately, it probably means taking the entire blasted dashboard out to do it!

The Vee
03-03-2010, 06:52 PM
They're not the most powerful at the footwell position. Having said that, turbo steve is about on the money if it is really poor. The linkage gear teeth may also be warn. The ducts themselves can come adrift behind the console / dash

HMG1K
03-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Thanks, guys, for the feedback - sounds like a big job! I think I will put up with cold feet for now!

steelie600 - I'd be interested if you come up with a solution!

richy rich
04-03-2010, 09:52 AM
You can get at the motors and pipes ect by taking the 2 side panels of.