PDA

View Full Version : An other 2 jobs done

Roberto
04-03-2010, 07:24 PM
I've a list of jobs to do at the moment.

So with the weather lovely and sunny today decided to get stuck in.

First were the heaters in the wing mirrors, a bit more work than originally thought, but all completed, and well happy about it. :dance:
No picture as it’s a very well documented job.

Second was another that was getting on my wick, I've an MP3 player hard wired, but that meant I had to bring it in every time the battery went dead.
Which I would never know when as it lives in the box under the stereo.
So a car charger was ordered ( from the US, as no one in Europe had he right type ), but I don't like seeing wires around the cabin, so what to do.

The answer was a simple idea ( in keeping with one of my philosophies ) and put another cigarette lighter socket ( or 12v Accessory socket, if you like ).
Wired off the back of the original socket.

Atik
04-03-2010, 08:43 PM
What exactly did you do with wing mirrors? Install heating element into non-heated mirrors?

Good work with the mp3 player setup. I contemplated a setup when I first got my car but ended up buying an iPhone which worked with the stereo that I just happened to have in the car. I used to use a USB flash drive to play music from but now it's all on the phone so I can just connect it and let the kit do it's work.

Anyway, well done on getting stuff done on the car. It's always satisfying doing something yourself /yes

Roberto
04-03-2010, 11:35 PM
What exactly did you do with wing mirrors? Install heating element into non-heated mirrors?

Exactly:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?&p=497801#post497801