PDA

View Full Version : Paddle Shift?

miller
06-03-2010, 06:54 PM
If this fits an Evo 7 GTA how difficult would it be to fit to our VR4's?

Mark4, being the paddle shift expert and boundary pusher do you have any thoughts on it?

http://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk/pdetails.asp?ID=100869314

I remember someone fitting an Evo 7GTA wheel with the button change, Roadrunner maybe? Any comments or thoughts?

Mike

swinks
06-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Mike, Evo's (7 onwards) have quite different steering wheel. IMO, it's gonna be PITA job.

aboo
06-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Roadrunner did fit the 7 GT-A wheel Mike & it looks good. It ended up costing a small fortune & he does'nt have AYC anymore.

His mate John that fitted it said he would'nt do it again cause there was so much work to get it to work.

steelie600
06-03-2010, 07:18 PM
what about a evo 10 wheel??

miller
06-03-2010, 08:04 PM
hmmm this would go straight in the Airtrek!!!

Mark 4
21-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Mike,I missed this thread. That looks like it's column mounted. Mine fits on the wheel and it feels very natural to use.

I know I promised you this so I'm PM'ing my number to you. Call me tomorrow and we'll get it sorted.

miller
21-03-2010, 11:28 PM
cheers Mark, will do

Roadrunner
22-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Can't comment on the paddle shift in the advert, but I can comment on having an Evo VII GTA wheel fitted ... DON'T DO IT!!

As swinks says, the wheel is different. The mounting point for the wheel is different so the original column doesn't meet the new wheel. So, rather than cut the column and weld in an extra bit (memories of Ayrton Senna's tragic accident sprung to mind), we fitted the Evo column too. Then had to fit a lot of the Evo wiring loom. And the VII GTA slip ring. And a couple of relays. And a lot of head-scratching, knuckle-bashing, swearing and general unpleasantness.

However, I now have the GTA wheel fitted and, as Andy says, it does look good. But, I don't have AYC anymore as the new wheel (or maybe slip ring) is missing a sensor that the original wheel has. And I no longer have any steering wheel adjustment.

However, I am happy with the final result, but I couldn't recommend this path to anyone. The paddle shift looks like it has the advantage of not needing any major amendments to the original setup.