PDA

View Full Version : greddy emu

jinglis
11-03-2010, 03:48 PM
so i bought a EMU and thanks to WODJNO have a af harness and greddy map sensor on the way to me.i have a couple of question:

to run without the maf and to use the greddy map do i need a IAT sensor? if so can i use one from a fto mivec?

if i use the greddy map sensor do i use the white(pressure) airflow input or light blue(karman vortex)? and what output should i use purple(karman vortex) or green(pressure sensor)

what pin is the rpm signal?

do i need to wire into the idle control valve? what ecu pin is this?

thanks in advance for the help

chris g
11-03-2010, 05:00 PM
I guess this is no relation to the emu that attacked Michael Parkinson...?

jinglis
11-03-2010, 05:09 PM
i dont think so? i might be though maybe thats why it was cheap.

i think i've answered some of my question after alot of reading

the rmp signal is c3 pin8 even though on the pin out on here its listed as ignition failure sensor?

the speed signal is c4 pin 16(speed pluse signal)

i will need a IAT sensor to run without the maf so i stole one of my big pile of FTO parts just need to tap this into the manifold

still not sure on the airflow wires for the emu, to me it would make sense if it was pressure input and karman output as im using a pressure sensor but the ecu had a karman orginally attached?

and still not sure of the idle control valve

jinglis
11-03-2010, 06:31 PM
also if getting rid of the maf and replacing with a iat sensor and map, can i replace the factory boost valve with my ebc boost valve as the ecu will only be reading whats in the manifold rather than all the addition and bits before it?

and also run a vta bov rather than plumb it back in.

jinglis
11-03-2010, 10:47 PM
just worked out i will also need a 1kohm resistor and 4kohm resistor for the barometric sensor then i can get rid of the maff