PDA

View Full Version : exhaust and air filter options

flyingluke
29-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Hi all,
I'm a new VR4 Legnum owner, and I'm looking at my options for mods.
One of the first things I want is a new exhaust (and maybe extractors) and an air filter set up.

What exhaust would you recommend and where in Auckland is best to get it done (price??)

Also, for the airfilter setup, what would you recommend? I'm thinking about running a pipe down to the bumper area with a pod filter to get max cold air. Anyone have photos of what they've done?? And once again, where in the AKL is good for work on VR4's like this?

Thanks, :D

Luke

Kyoshu
04-08-2004, 02:39 AM
Hello, I heard Ohlsen Developments in Penrose are pretty good. They deal with a lot of drag and race Mitsi and from talking to them, they seel to know heaps about the 6A13 VR-4.

Their 3" mandrel bent exhaust systems start from $900, which is about the same as Pitstop has quoted me. Another guy on the forum said that Mr Muffler is also good and have better pricing.

wcur008
04-08-2005, 09:26 AM
As for air-intake like alot of legnum drivers, i've put my battery in the boot to free up some space. This makes it easier to seal off a corner of the engine bay for cooler air. Not to much work involved and a novice back yard mechanic can do it. Cost around $60 (trade) for 50mm welding flex cable (this isn't diameter but a ****ed up, lying flat measurement), $70 for a battery box, and that's about it. If you do this a simple piece of pipe work from maf to pod filter can mean clean cool air. Prices are in nz$

AllBeItMine
04-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Hi all,
I'm a new VR4 Legnum owner, and I'm looking at my options for mods.
One of the first things I want is a new exhaust (and maybe extractors) and an air filter set up.

What exhaust would you recommend and where in Auckland is best to get it done (price??)

Also, for the airfilter setup, what would you recommend? I'm thinking about running a pipe down to the bumper area with a pod filter to get max cold air. Anyone have photos of what they've done?? And once again, where in the AKL is good for work on VR4's like this?

Thanks, :D

Luke

talk to lance at pitstop new market and tell him you are from club vr4 and you want the front pipe and and exhaust combo. he should be able to give you a good price around the 1200 mark all up.

bradc
04-08-2005, 11:21 AM
I will be getting headers and exhaust done by lance at pitstop soonish, maybe in the next 2 weeks. I've heard from quite a few people now that lance is a real pro. I have looked into Ohlsens, they seem to be excellent too, but they are too far away from where I work and it would be a little bit difficult for me to fit it in at the moment.

wcur008 is right about the air filter and battery box mod are very common, and definately recommended as well. After that the sky is the limit.

i3ooyah
05-08-2005, 12:10 AM
dont forget you need a sealed battery though, you just cant put your normal battery in the boot or *booooommm*