PDA

View Full Version : AYC Light on dash

chx_wagon
15-03-2010, 06:55 AM
So I have just had a red AYC light come up on my dashboard.

Done a bit of research and come to a conclusion that this light my possibly come on if there is something wrong with the car - obvious I know :P

My question is, does thins light come on when there is an electrical fault or something else?

Any ideas as to what is wrong? :huh:

All help appreciated

bradc
15-03-2010, 06:58 AM
Most likely to be the ayc pump failing, doing a search for ayc pump red will most likely give you the best results. Most of the time an adjustable pressure switch is the best option as it is much cheaper and will let you get some more life out of your pump.

If it comes on again as soon as you start your car then it could be a sensor. Do a search for read fault codes and learn how to figure out exactly what the fault code is.

chx_wagon
11-04-2010, 04:51 AM
Most likely to be the ayc pump failing, doing a search for ayc pump red will most likely give you the best results. Most of the time an adjustable pressure switch is the best option as it is much cheaper and will let you get some more life out of your pump.

If it comes on again as soon as you start your car then it could be a sensor. Do a search for read fault codes and learn how to figure out exactly what the fault code is.

BY any chance you dont no where i can get a Adjustable AYC pressure switch from?

elnevio
11-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Malc (MPBVr4) in the UK has been a reliable supplier of these switches for a few years. I think he recently had supplier problems with the switch manufacturer in Germany (factory shut!), but if I recall correctly, he has mentioned he has stock of the switches again.

I wouldn't have thought postage to NZ would be too much, it's not a very big item. Drop him a PM - I'm sure he'll give you a price pretty quickly. To give you an idea, I would expect the ball-park cost would be in the region of NZ$100-150. Like I said, that's just to give you an idea - I'm not sure if the new switches cost more/less, what postage rates will be, what the exchange rate is, etc., etc.!

Of course, I'm saying all this, but I don't know if there is already an NZ-based supplier - although I do not recall seeing any mention of this previously.

As Brad has said though, obtaining the error code is the best start. There are thorough guides in the members' section, but I am sure that the relevant information is available in the unrestricted area of the site, as well as the internet at large!