PDA

View Full Version : After market springs and standard shocks

Phil S
30-07-2004, 02:14 PM
Now that I've had my cambelt done and the ball joint recall work sorted :-D it's time to improve the handling on my V6 sport. I'm looking to drop the car a little (25 - 30mm) and firm up the ride, but without it being too harsh (my 14mnth old daughter may not like it!). I can't really afford to replace the shocks at the mo so am really just looking for some springs - so my question is has anyone found a decent aftermarket set of lowering springs that would do the job and still work ok with the standard shockers?

Kieran
30-07-2004, 03:39 PM
One word.... EIBACH. They're well respected. Ritch_W has a set, as does Scottish Ian. They both report better looks, improved handling *AND* improved comfort!

ritch_w
30-07-2004, 07:29 PM
GET EIBACHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

i have 2 kids - 18month & 4 yrs and it doesnt bother them - infact comfort is improved!!!!

do a search on eibach and you see loads of posts (mainly my rants about how good they are!!!) :D

Big Ian
30-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Phil don't forget to look in the discount section of the "member's area" as i think the new one myself and strangebat got may come in handy for you? :D

Phil S
31-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Cheers, thank for the advice - Eibach's it is then!

KiwiTT
31-07-2004, 11:40 PM
I would do the shocks too. Standard ones are just .... hmmm .... ordinary.