PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling the Legnum??

kinger
15-03-2010, 03:15 PM
I have just found out that my missis is pregnant!!!!
its top secret so keep it under your hats!
So i know the Legnum is a decent family car but the running costs are to much if i have a family to look after so im thinking of selling it,
Just wanted to see how much its worth and how much interest there would be if i did.
Its on a P plate with 95,000 miles,
I have had it a year an a half and have had 3 oil changes,
Has had two new turbo's just before christmas,
Tappets done six months ago,
Cam belt six months ago,
AYC and gear box fluid done just after christmas
Blue flame exhaust with de cat,
18" DOTZ alloys with f1 tyres,
Drilled and groved disc's all round with EBC red stuff pads,
Recaro interior with tv's in the head rest's
Alpine touch screen double din head unit,
Alpine speakers all round with a v12 amp and 12" sub.
Vented bonnet being painted put on, on thursday.
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/kingerbp/IMG_0044.jpg
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/kingerbp/IMG_0039.jpg
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/kingerbp/IMG_0035.jpg
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/kingerbp/IMG_0032.jpg
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/kingerbp/IMG_0031.jpg
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/kingerbp/IMG_0030.jpg

pedro
15-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Congrats on the kidlett!!:end:

The cars worthless in this climate, so you'll just have to keep it !!

Anyway its a good family estate with room for dogs, prams, and shopping !!!

But if your that desparate for cash, i'll have ya tow eye cover for a tenner?!?! /lol

chris g
15-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Congrats...

Good job you posted on here.

Nobody reads this stuff so will be kept secret for ages....

WildCards
15-03-2010, 03:41 PM
I'd say £3500 fair market price.

pedro
15-03-2010, 03:51 PM
/duh /duh /duh

steelie600
15-03-2010, 04:01 PM
split it its worth more!!!! ill pm you with dibs!!!

chris g
15-03-2010, 04:11 PM
And I never wear a hat when at the keyboard so no chance of me being able to keep it a secret...

kinger
15-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the congrats.
Splitting it is an option, but i didn't really want to.
Don't need the cash Pete i'll have to get the new car on tick!!
but if i do break it the cover is yours.

Stuarty
15-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Nice motor im currently saving pennies for a nice VR4 how much are you looking for it?

White Lightning
15-03-2010, 05:21 PM
I assume that's a moonroof I can see. If so, this is really a decent spec, with moonroof, recaros etc (although you really need to lose the wood dash :D). Shame about the mileage being up a bit, are you sure they are all miles or is that just the odo reading and some are KMs?

I would say Wildcards is fairly spot on with his estimate of price. But you would get a decent amount for the recaros if you did decide to part it out.

AlanDITD
15-03-2010, 05:22 PM
dont split it, way to good, sell it on, dont let any of the vultures pull it to pieces!

White Lightning
15-03-2010, 05:32 PM
dont split it, way to good

I agree. /yes

kinger
15-03-2010, 05:57 PM
I dont want to split it, after the money and time i have put in to it!!
it would be a good buy for some one as its not been messed about with under the bonnet, it's got an HKS panel filter and thats it!! I spent all my money on new turbo's when they went and the tappets cos i didn't like the ten second tapping on start up and then just servicing.
And just spoke to the missis and she's coming round to the idea of selling so watch this space, may be in the for sale section in the next few days.

Oh and as for the millage it is in part km and part miles. so worked it out to be that, the od reads 13500

bradc
15-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Why on earth would you sell a car (especially a suitable family car) just to buy another one on finance? Unless you are buying a few thousand pound car and financing that I can't see how it makes any sense at all. And I can't imagine that the running costs of a VR-4 would be more expensive than the finance on another car.

Ryan
15-03-2010, 07:08 PM
^ What he said.

crazyken76
15-03-2010, 07:35 PM
dont sell it i have a second baby on the way now and i manage ok its a good family estate car thats fast when you want it to be , of course not with the baby in :) could understand selling if you had a skyline

Ghost_2008
15-03-2010, 07:49 PM
I agree With the last few comments, why sell? It ticks all the boxes and it should be cheaper to run than running another car and paying the finance..... All the time and money spent it's gotta be worth keeping????

hardarse
15-03-2010, 08:05 PM
im a family man and can afford to run one. even with me between jobs and at college doing car spraying. and like the others said its cheaper to keep a car you own than getting more finance. but if you want rid you can give it to me

Wobble
15-03-2010, 08:59 PM
i got mine because it is a family car. vr4 or mondeo estate ,
sod the running costs just dont do pointless jouneys in it and that will help.

kinger
15-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Its not just that, its reliability, pace of mind and it would be nice to have new, or a nearly new car!
I might get a new car and keep the Legnum for meets and stuff.
I dont know i'm just thinking things through and trying to be responsible for a change.

Ghost_2008
15-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Its not just that, its reliability, pace of mind and it would be nice to have new, or a nearly new car!
I might get a new car and keep the Legnum for meets and stuff.
I dont know i'm just thinking things through and trying to be responsible for a change.

The leggie has been the most reliable car I have owned, the house move would have been a nightmare without it and all though trips out with my daughter are effortless.... My other half was looking at a new car but in the end we couldn't justify it...:. But I wish you the best of luck, just don't rush into anything you might later regret....

kinger
15-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Thanks man, im giving my self a head ache thinking it through!

Turbo_Steve
15-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Have to agree that as a family car it's pretty fricken awesome. The road noise is an annoyance when your kids start to babble, as you have to concentrate to hear them, and the fuel economy remains a bit of a joke. That aside, it's one of the easiest cars to drive in existance, comfortable, roomy beyond belief (the boot is inordinately practical) and can still accomodate the stereo.

That aside.....it's a better car than several newer ones. For example, I know of a Mazda 6 diesel that was fantastic - right up until it stopped doing it's DPF cycle due to a failed temperature sensor. Cost to fix (and this was on the cheap) £400. If it had been to the dealer it would have been £2000 or so.

New cars are rubbish! :D

VR4s are getting cheaper and cheaper to run as more and more of them are pulled apart. And here is the real rub - there's nothing to stop you buying a damaged one for spares...they're cheap as chips!
Once the remaps start coming, fuel economy will improve (a bit).

crazyken76
15-03-2010, 09:47 PM
i must admit years back i had a silver mgf i spent 3k on it and i sold it 3 years later a week after i sold it i went back to the garage to buy it but it had been sold it was the worst decision i have ever made , all im saying is have a real good think about it , its a real nice car you have :)

kinger
21-03-2010, 11:51 AM
I think im going to hold on to it for a bit longer, was looking at "grown up" cars but couldn't find anything i was willing to sell mine for, kept being drawn to BMW M5's (e39), but they have monster miles and are getting on, and Vauxhall VXR8's and cant talk my missis in to letting spend that much with a kid on the way!!
But both kinda defeat the object as the fuel will be just as bad if not worse!!
Im sure when i get my car back from the paint shop i'll fall in love with it all over again.

Wobble
21-03-2010, 03:08 PM
I think im going to hold on to it for a bit longer, was looking at "grown up" cars but couldn't find anything i was willing to sell mine for, kept being drawn to BMW M5's (e39), but they have monster miles and are getting on, and Vauxhall VXR8's and cant talk my missis in to letting spend that much with a kid on the way!!
But both kinda defeat the object as the fuel will be just as bad if not worse!!
Im sure when i get my car back from the paint shop i'll fall in love with it all over again.

good to hear , you would have regreted it .

pedro
21-03-2010, 04:35 PM
:iagree:

dinger1983
21-03-2010, 07:11 PM
i got mine when the wife was pregnant cos i wanted a bit more from a family car now i have another on the way

i say the only problem i have is location to family due to being in the raf im 70miles away from them the cost of travaling to go see them is a pain but i can fit my bag the wifes bag the stuff for the boy pram traval cought the wife baby and the kitchen sink when i need

in currentv climates finance is the very last thing anyone should be looking at i say keep the car run it for a few month when the child is here see how it gos if you still feel the same then sell

but iv found the noise from the car puts my boy to sleep it can be a good send