PDA

View Full Version : 6A13TT Wiring Loom onto a 6A12 Mivec Egnine

VR4WGN
15-03-2010, 07:53 PM
:huh: hey guys well im in desperate need of any assistanc eplease regarding the wiring up of this. the guy is stalling on me and its costing me alot with it just sitting round.

as of today i have the complete Manual VR4 Loom installed and pluigged into the Mivec Engine, but there are wires that are not there,and plugs that dont match..
being not so bright on this sort of wiring i am stcuk,i have researched and have tons of paperwork but nothing seems to be making sence and im getting frustrated with it..

im contemplating using the FTO Wiring Loom and then wiring it into the cars loom.

please if anyone has any info that could help me please let me know,i REALLY want this car running for the TUI Club meet.im just waiting on the wiring and then its all go!!!:thinking2

bradc
15-03-2010, 08:04 PM
If you have the FTO wiring loom (which I didn't know before) I think that would be the easiest to use.

VR4WGN
15-03-2010, 08:13 PM
im just scared of wiring it into the legnum internal loom tho.. and it is an auto loom too,but this tho should not matter?

bradc
16-03-2010, 01:59 AM
Just leave the auto connectors hanging there. Unsure about the links into the interior, surely the difficult part is the engine to engine ecu wiring which is all catered for by the FTO loom?

Goku
16-03-2010, 02:12 AM
Are you using the FTO engine ECU ?

If so, then just use the FTO loom.

wintertidenz
16-03-2010, 05:03 AM
Q - have you checked out the FTO Aus forums? They have done 6A13TT swaps into FTO's, so I would say that they have the wiring details between the engine and interior looms... all you need to do is reverse the directions!

psbarham
16-03-2010, 07:34 AM
as above, use the fto wiring, it will be less of a headache wiring it into the legnum loom

VR4WGN
16-03-2010, 08:25 AM
ok iv layed the MAIN ENGINE LOOM down ,but the engine bay loom is divided by 3 looms,GAY AZ!!! so the rh and lh are not in. i somehow now haveto wire up the interior wiring to the legnum loom,and so for the fusebox aswell.

thinking of slightly splicing the vr4 bay loom into the fto loom to assist in the switch.

i have a FULL wiring diagram for 98 FTO form the Mivec Club i joined,i didnt manage to find any other clubs you guys are mentioning.

btw i really apreciate your help here guys,really do

VR4WGN
18-03-2010, 08:10 PM
hey guys does anyone know where i can find a wiring diagram for the auxillaries eyc? mainly the wiring to and from the fusebox in cabin,ac unit,speedo,etc...?

thank you in advance
~Q~

Turbo_Steve
19-03-2010, 12:36 AM
Which ECU are you hoping to use - not the Legnum one, surely?

VR4WGN
19-03-2010, 08:30 PM
no i want to use the Mivec ECU,iv joined bout 6 forums hoping for some further help,i really want to take this legnum to the meet on saturday,but is looking GRIM!!!!

Turbo_Steve
19-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Good, cos you don't have a chance with the native ECU.

The best approach (I would guess from other cars) is to take the entire engine loom all the way back to the Mivec ECU: there are far more connections (and they're far more important) in this part of the loom that you don't want to mess with.

Stuff like headlights and gauges and wotnot should all be relatively easy to migrate between the two looms.....and won't stop the engine working!

VR4WGN
19-03-2010, 10:06 PM
yea this is wha ti was thinking,i want the engine running first,then we can play with the other things 1 by 1,its anightmare as wiring is 1 of my weaknesses really well this in depth it is really...
so what i have is a complete Mivec loom from the engin to the ecu,then i have vr4 fusebox and towr looms