PDA

View Full Version : FAO: All CVR4 Pool Players

Spirit
16-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Guys

Just giving this a bump really, as a couple of people seem to have missed some matches recently.

The league table has been updated, and is accurate as of now. The rules regarding non-arrangement of matches etc have been implimented where required and more details are on the usual results thread here:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46037

If anyone wishes to dispute any of these decisions then please post up the reason in the above thread. :thumbsup:

Mike (Miller) - please can you confirm if you got the game working on your machine and that you still want to take over from Nevman ? If so, this can commence from this week.

So, time to get back on track guys and get your matches for this week organised.

Cheers

(PS - I am posting this as NJ has been snowed under with work lately and I offered to help him out to get things back on track)

elnevio
16-03-2010, 11:37 AM
I have no probs with 'missed' matches be played to catch up, if anyone wants to do that.

Spirit
16-03-2010, 12:01 PM
I have no probs with 'missed' matches be played to catch up, if anyone wants to do that.

Neither do I TBH. Just followed the existing rules to get things up to date:

"Rules of the game are simple

1) The two players are to arrange a time that suits both people , if this can not be arrange within the 7 day period then the game will be called a 1-1 draw
2) If one player is unable to play during the 7 day timeframe then the other player will win by default
3) The game shall be UK 8 ball with 30 second shot time limit and it will be over 6 frames , the home player is to setup the round at the arranged time
4) The home player needs to post up the results on this thread within 24hrs of the game , failure to do so will be an automatic loss"

However, a footnote to that is that there has to be some structure and time frame to it.....otherwise what's the point in having weekly fixtures ? I guess the best rule amendment or change would be for someone to be able to request an "extension" and explain why and then NJ has the decision ?

elnevio
16-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Yes, that's all reasonable! :thumbsup:

Although I am kind of viewing this as a bit of a tester, before we do a new proper league in May! If that makes sense.

Postponements due to holidays, etc. should be ok, but really should be notified in advance.

Spirit
16-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Yes, that's all reasonable! :thumbsup:

Although I am kind of viewing this as a bit of a tester, before we do a new proper league in May! If that makes sense.

Postponements due to holidays, etc. should be ok, but really should be notified in advance.

Yeah, another League after would be good /yes

Spirit
18-03-2010, 12:07 AM
UPDATE:

You will be aware the Nevman and Ron_Monkey have withdrawn from the league.

After discussions with NJ, it has been decided that all matches against these players will be scored as 6-0 walkover's to the opponent. This has also been backdated to the start of the league and any relevant scores amended.

Of course, all future matches against these players will also be scored the same way.