PDA

View Full Version : Door open light

Kiwi VR-4
17-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Hey All, The door open light on the dash is coming on when driving and braking. You can make the light come on by gently pushing on the drivers door when driving. It's getting worse now so sometimes the alarm won't arm cause it thinks there is a door open, or the alarm goes of in the middle of the night. I have had a look at the drivers switch and given it a clean but the fault is still there. Any ideas. I remember seeing something on here about it but can't find it now.

Cheers in advance, Dan

Wodjno
17-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Have you tried swapping over the drivers switch for the passenger 1.. Then see if it still occurs on the driverside. ? If it is then it's prolly the wiring! But my guess it's still the switch /yes

Atik
17-03-2010, 09:56 PM
so sometimes the alarm won't arm cause it thinks there is a door open
Ooooooooohhhhhh! Thats why alarm is playing up recently. My door switch think is sticky and doesnt always work! Good thinking Batman.

Kiwi VR-4
18-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Swapped the switch with the rear pax one, still not work properly. Any ideas where to start fault finding the wiring??

Davezj
18-03-2010, 12:57 AM
so when the door is closed the roof light comes on, when the roof switch is in the middle position.

wintertidenz
18-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Check that the wiring is not damaged, you should be able to get to it from the inside of the car after removing the seat belt panel.

Kiwi VR-4
18-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Righto, it's all fixed now. Problem was not with the wiring it was with the door not closing enough. The staple in the door jam that the door latches onto has a piece of plastic around it. This plastic was worn and not holding the door close enough. If you spin it around 180 degrees it is like new and holds the door nice and close.

Dan

Wodjno
18-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Righto, it's all fixed now. Problem was not with the wiring it was with the door not closing enough. The staple in the door jam that the door latches onto has a piece of plastic around it. This plastic was worn and not holding the door close enough. If you spin it around 180 degrees it is like new and holds the door nice and close.

Dan

:upsidedow