PDA

View Full Version : another New Bloke

fleetman1_1
31-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Watcha

Been looking at this site for a short time and thought I'd register. Got me self a 2000 2.5 V6 Sport Estate in Black.

Have a question....am I right in assuming that the early VR4's are 2000cc and the later ones 2500cc ?

Any ideas for some useful mods to increase the 'go' in this car {apart from getting a VR4!}

Thought about nitrous.............50-75bhp jets ?

KiwiTT
01-08-2004, 12:09 AM
:welcome: to the Club

Yes the 7G and 6G are only 2000cc. The 7G was a V6 model, and the 6G was a 4cyl. The 6G engine is so good they are still using it in the latest EVO, albeit, massively modified. This was the strength of the GTi-16v and the original VR-4.

As to mods, try new air-induction and exhausts. Other may have some comments as to the "value" of Nitrous on a naturally aspirated car.

Kieran
01-08-2004, 09:12 AM
Welcome Fleetman.

A company called Nemesis Performance are currently developing performance stuff for the Galant, and their "guinnea pig" is a V6 Sport saloon. So far they've developed a bodykit, and next year they're looking at NOS and supercharging the beast. Which sounds positively scary!

As Richard's already said, There are some induction kits out there and an exhaust or two... But be careful, as some exhausts designed for the standard Galant (like the ones by Remus) won't fit the Sport.

Have a search around the forums, and you find all the information you need. :-b

fleetman1_1
01-08-2004, 12:59 PM
Many thanks for the info, I did see the V6 saloon at Billing last week and spoke briefly to its owner. Impressed with the quality of the bodykit fitted to it. I did look to see if there were any other Galants there but did n't see any.

Brind
01-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Welcome to the club mate! :)

Nitrous is the best option for cheap bolt on mega power, downsides are gas usage and cost of refilling.
Upsides are serious extra power, and drivability of the car if you simply don't use it for general driving about.