PDA

View Full Version : Hey!

teuchter
17-06-2003, 10:32 AM
Hi all, am very close to buying a VR4 Legnum apart from the "wife" factor! :nono: INSERT INTO post VALUES (OK maybe not so near, especially as she is an accountant)
Things I need to persuade her on are the additional running costs eg Insurance <found lots of good threads>, servicing, Tyres, MPG etc Perhaps an idea for the FAQ?

cheers and thanks for all the info I have gathered so far

teuchter
INSERT INTO post VALUES (ST24 too small wanting to change for bigger and better!! :D )

Roadrunner
17-06-2003, 10:53 AM
Insurance will be specific to your personal profile, but cheapest I've heard is around £500.

Servicing is every 9k miles, with interim oil changes every 4.5k miles. I pay around £120 for the interim oil changes, up to £380 for major services, but I know others pay more - depends on location and dealer.

Tyre costs depend on what you choose, but expect to pay between around £90 and £140 per corner.

Fuel consumption is dependent on the way you drive but, in general, expect no worse than 18mpg, and no better than about 23mpg. If you're particularly light-footed you might get more. If you're particularly heavy-footed, single figures are possible ;)

In comparison to your ST24, it will be more expensive to run, but it will be more fun .... :)

Brian