View Full Version : CVR4 Mini Meet - Dartmeet Aug 1st

Spirit
01-08-2004, 11:10 PM
Well today was the CVR4 mini meet in Devon. Attendees were as follows:

Andy (The Vee)
Pete (spirit979) + Shaz/Conor
Nick (Nick F1) + Pauline/Kids
Heath (HJM) + Jane

It all kicked off with coffee and chocolate muffins at my house at 10am. From there we moved off into Plymouth city centre with a tour of Plymouth Hoe and then onto Ivor Dewdneys for a pasty stop (thanks Andy for buying ;) ) and Heath/Jane stocked up with some for home :laugh: .

From there we made our way across Dartmoor, passing the prison, and onto Dartmeet where the plan was to stop and have a coffee break....but it was so busy we couldn't park up so we moved on a bit further and found another car park with an ice cream van, so had to force down a round of ice lollies etc :D

Then the convoy moved off to Exeter services for the monthly local Jap meet, some wicked cars turned up as normal and was great to have a row of Galants/Legnums in attendance ;) .

The finale was a short trip into Newton Abbot and a meal at the Penn Inn - food was excellent and we had a great chin wag and laugh. More pics taken and from then we said our goodbyes (some 9 hrs after the start) and everyone got home safely. As Andy (The Vee) was staying in Plymouth tonight I took the opportunity to do my VR4 sales pitch and took him for a spin in the VR4 - I think he was suitably impressed !

All in all a great day was had by all, the weather was fantastic, food varied and excellent and the company awesome. Thanks for all who attended and here's to the next one ;)

For some pics of the day click here: CVR4 DARTMEET PICS (http://gallery73656.fotopic.net/c247607.html)

zedy1
01-08-2004, 11:37 PM
i was down that end in my merc around 4pm, dont know if the meet was ended then? :-D

Spirit
01-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Should have called me Mo - we actually said our goodbyes around 7.30pm !

nick-f1
02-08-2004, 09:29 AM
i was down that end in my merc around 4pm, dont know if the meet was ended then? :-D

Yep you should have rang Pete, we were actually at the Penn Inn at 4pm ordering our meal. You could have joined us , would have been nice to meet! Maybe next time

Cheers

Nick

zedy1
02-08-2004, 11:55 PM
i was about to, but my mate was in a cit of a rush. oh well maybe next time

The Vee
03-08-2004, 10:23 AM
For some pics of the day click here: CVR4 DARTMEET PICS (http://gallery73656.fotopic.net/c247607.html)

Just found this link ;)

Great selection of shots.
Between these and Nick-f1's gallery I think it captures the great day we had.
Thanks again to everyone.
Andy

pezza
05-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Some Schweeet pix in there... looks like it was a top day...

Driving in a 10 or more galant high speed convoy up the motorway sounds like it would be fun!

Spirit
05-08-2004, 04:38 PM
This convoy of such magnetude has been known before and yes it was great fun ! ;)

Make sure you come to Pod in October and I'm sure you will party to it once again ;)