PDA

View Full Version : OEM or Mitsi own parts ...

Bal
01-08-2004, 11:18 PM
k so having put 300 miles on the exhaust this weekend the noise is still as deafening as ever and now i have experienced a new noise ... lol .... the new noise is like a brrr kinda rubbing very faint but happens occaisionally and the old exhaust noise is still this high pitched rattle when i put my foot down.

i sure as hell aint impressed with this garage i used ... didcot auto centre ... dont touch them ...

anyways back to the point of the post, which do you rather mitsi own parts or oem ....

the only reason i ask is cos i had an oem part fitted for this front section of the exhaust.

back to the exhaust he reckons that the front section that meets the flex part is rubbing and is the problem, he said he gonna try another one and see what happens ... i personally think it was a shoddy fit but thats my non mechanical opinion.

yaaa garages ....

anyways bed time i feel

peace out
B

Japmetal
02-08-2004, 07:48 PM
OEM actually stands for "Original Equipment Manufacturer" ;)

But the only thing I would fit to any car I was intending to keep would be genuine [or upgraded !] bits.

A chap at work is replacing the lower suspension links on his Renault - which he changed just over a year ago using non-genuine parts because he thought he could save some money :dozey:

Big Ian
03-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Bal 9/10 time's different make's don't seam to match,how much more would it have cost to replace the whole system?
(except the cat,as it's bolted it should mach fine with any make?)

Bal
03-08-2004, 12:12 PM
not sure ... basically iv told the guy to sort it ... oem ( you know what i mean non original).

B

Bal
03-08-2004, 12:12 PM
do you reckon i should go for a full new system then. what you recommend. he has replcaed the front part but i dont know what he is doing now.

B

Bal
03-08-2004, 12:20 PM
i shgould have actually learnt from previous mistakes. i used to have a clio and hte clutch cable kept snapping and that was cos they kept using a non original part. anyways i replaced it iwht the original part and all was goo dfor ages.

anyways i just contacted the people and told them to find out the price of the original front sectioin. back section will get fitted with some dark exhaust setup when i hav emore money.

B