PDA

View Full Version : drinks all round.

onereallynicespeed
22-03-2010, 09:40 PM
hi guys and girls.my names barry im in the west country near bath/bristol.ive liked the aggressive looking galants ever since theyve been about.one day driving through the streets of bristol spotted a galant with a difference on the forecourt of bristol imports centre.i then came home to scour the net for this vehicle.turns out it was a legnum.i was hooked.that was a fair few years ago.ive just since sold my longterm beetle for good money and decided to look for a legnum as a replacement weekend toy,kid and dog carrier and general plaything.as ive already said on another thread im trying to do my research as we go.the switch from a beetle to this might sound a strange step but my beetle ran 13 sec quarter miles but its all straining on the said vehicle.i want a heater and stereo and some comfort which the beetle doesnt have and still be quick and different of course.lots of great leggies for sale at the mo and all very reasonable money for what your getting.hope to speak to you all soon at some shows.great website btw.many thanks barry.

Turbo_Steve
22-03-2010, 09:44 PM
er...........Hai.
and..er....yes.

aboo
22-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Hi & welcome to CVR4.

Spirit
22-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Welcome to CVR4 Barry.

If you look in the events section for "Japfest" you will see there will be a fair few VR4's on the club stand.........and as it's only at Castle Combe it's not too far for you to pop along.

It's on the 15th May :thumbsup:

Davezj
22-03-2010, 10:18 PM
hi and welcome

elnevio
22-03-2010, 10:20 PM
/Welcome

Yes, I like having a 13-sec car with the Waft-a-Matic(tm) gearbox, climate control and leather! :afro:

Atik
22-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Hi and welcome :)

onereallynicespeed
22-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Welcome to CVR4 Barry.

If you look in the events section for "Japfest" you will see there will be a fair few VR4's on the club stand.........and as it's only at Castle Combe it's not too far for you to pop along.

It's on the 15th May :thumbsup:
yes ive made a note of that already.im worried about the boy racer chav sort of clientel that goes with the jap side of these cars though.im the wrong side of 30 and am a family man.i like to have abit of fun in a grown up sort of way:laugh:

bristol seb
22-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Hi barry, welcome to the club, bristol lad meself so may see you about! This site and the people on it are the best help you're gonna get for a legnum, good luck with finding a good one and use the search button!! :)

onereallynicespeed
22-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Hi barry, welcome to the club, bristol lad meself so may see you about! This site and the people on it are the best help you're gonna get for a legnum, good luck with finding a good one and use the search button!! :)
thanks seb.i noticed your username before posting this thread.perhaps i,ll give you a bell to come and look at your leggie if thats ok?

Kieran
22-03-2010, 10:41 PM
im worried about the boy racer chav sort of clientel that goes with the jap side of these cars though.im the wrong side of 30 and am a family man.i like to have abit of fun in a grown up sort of way:laugh:

Then you'll fit right in here :) Welcome to CVR4!

Turbo_Steve
22-03-2010, 10:48 PM
I think your first post said everything that anyone could possibly add :)
Welcome!

ANTHONY
22-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Then you'll fit right in here :) Welcome to CVR4!yep a few of us are tad over 30ish ...hi and welcome

onereallynicespeed
22-03-2010, 11:04 PM
thanks for all the replys.its nice to know im in safe hands.

bristol seb
23-03-2010, 01:21 PM
thanks seb.i noticed your username before posting this thread.perhaps i,ll give you a bell to come and look at your leggie if thats ok?
No worries mate, I am in most evenings/weekends. Pm me your number and we'll sort something out, cheers.

Confused
23-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Hi and welcome!

I live in Swindon, but work in Chipping Sodbury, and sometimes take the Legnum to work, so if you want to have a look around one first, then let me know, more than happy to show you it!

Garry

Mice_Elf
23-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Hello. Welcome to CVR4, one of the nicest car forums I've had the pleasure of being involved with. :)

Definitely come along to some of the upcoming car shows & you'll probably find a couple of people who'll let you touch their car, (providing you polish the fingerprints off afterwards!), if not take it for a little drive to get the feel of them.

They are very good cars.

onereallynicespeed
28-03-2010, 11:00 PM
sorry ive not replied seb/garry.i will send you my number to meet up guys.that would be cool.

666damned
29-03-2010, 03:16 PM
hi and welcome Baz........dont worry about the chav's...every home should have one..../haz

onereallynicespeed
29-03-2010, 07:20 PM
hi and welcome Baz........dont worry about the chav's...every home should have one..../haz
i quite agree:2thumbsup