PDA

View Full Version : Sorting out my Exhaust

pedro
24-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Okay bear with me and my very limited knowledge guys.......

Legnums MOT is nearly up and i need some advice. Alans been helping me figure out whats to be done, just wanted your thoughts.

As far as im aware there is no space/gap in the exhaust under the car where the cat/de-cat should go. Alan just fitted the exhaust straight through to backbox i think. Ive got a new cat already to go in.

Whats on there now is:
RWP Downpipes Fitted
3" straight through exhaust

Alan says:
''It needs a cat put in there so a flange needs to go on the end of the midsection, this means cutting a bit of it out as its 100% straight through, then bolt a cat between the mid section and the down pipes''

''it shouldnt take long but the exhaust from the down pipes will have to come off...

will be much easier than the standard one to get off though as we made new mounting brackets for it and alot less of them ''

''The exhaust is full 3" from the downpipes right the way back to where it curves round its then tappered down to 2 1/4 inch for the standard box to go on.

So a new small 3" section would need welding in to replace the 2 /4 inch area, and then a new backbox bolting on to the existing flange...

bit of a pain but i was skint and couldnt afford a back box lol....''

Bless his little cotton ones!!/lol

Also thinking about getting a 3'' backbox fitted at the same time.

''good thing is because you will have to replace that 3" bit of pipe at the back, you can go for anything and just have it custom fitted''

Recomendations on the backbox? This is going to be loud!!!!

Anything else i need to know and which companies have Good recomendations??

Just want it clear in my head before i go get anything done

Thanks in advance guys

Atik
24-03-2010, 12:45 AM
I'd recommend Dyno Flow in Lincolshire, but thats probably way out of your way!

But, yep, best to take the plunge now and get the exhaust cut out for a decat so you are able to swap decat for cat for MOT times.

AlanDITD
24-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Dude, the bit on the bend isnt essential for MOT, just if you want to fit the 3" back box :)

pedro
24-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Dude, the bit on the bend isnt essential for MOT, just if you want to fit the 3" back box :)
I want i want i want !!!

Makes sense to get it all done in one hit....

Atik
24-03-2010, 12:50 AM
Better still, get it split out to a super cool twin tailpipe setup like mine :D You know you want to :p

pedro
24-03-2010, 12:51 AM

But, yep, best to take the plunge now and get the exhaust cut out for a decat so you are able to swap decat for cat for MOT times.

Yeah a bit out of my way... would rather go on a reccomendation none the less.

Hmmm, Im sure Kinger mentioned a company called Power-flow to me once.

pedro
24-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Better still, get it split out to a super cool twin tailpipe setup like mine :D You know you want to :p

Doesnt sound very cheap.......

pedro
24-03-2010, 12:55 AM

And thanx for all your help here Alan by the way....

Atik
24-03-2010, 01:05 AM
Doesnt sound very cheap.......
You'd be surprised. I got my whole catback in 2.5" with 4 inline silencers and 2 silenced tips for less than £300 - remember the extra cost involved in welding up extra silencer joints etc.. It sounds awesome while at the same time being very quiet.

pedro
24-03-2010, 01:21 AM
You'd be surprised. I got my whole catback in 2.5" with 4 inline silencers and 2 silenced tips for less than £300 - remember the extra cost involved in welding up extra silencer joints etc.. It sounds awesome while at the same time being very quiet.

Damn it, youve talked me into it Atik (maybe)

I even have the extra cutout in the bumper already to be filled with another pipe. So would be rude not to...

Lets see what reply i get from Powerflow tomorrow...........

pedro
29-03-2010, 05:50 PM

Do you have any pics of your exhaust from underneath??

You know i want to......../megawoot

Beastlee
29-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Atik, where in Lincolnshire are Dyno Flow and was it them that did your split system?
I really like the balance of twin exits but I had heard we have too much in the way to do it....is this the case with yours? I'm after 3" with a discrete rumble that turns into a roar on full chat.
Lincolnshire works for me as I can get free acommodation at the in-laws as well as it being easier for me to go to Rotterdam and get the ferry to Hull.

Soeey for hi-jacking Pedro.

pedro
29-03-2010, 08:39 PM
:flamed:

Dont worry Lee, Ill get you back!!!

pedro
29-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Atik, where in Lincolnshire are Dyno Flow and was it them that did your split system?
I really like the balance of twin exits but I had heard we have too much in the way to do it....is this the case with yours? I'm after 3" with a discrete rumble that turns into a roar on full chat.
Lincolnshire works for me as I can get free acommodation at the in-laws as well as it being easier for me to go to Rotterdam and get the ferry to Hull.

Soeey for hi-jacking Pedro.

Hey, found this..... bit spensive but may help.......
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11412&highlight=exhaust

WANT!!!

Beastlee
29-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Nah, twin twin oval/square exits for a VR4 I think. I'd like something a little out of the ordinary actually, just like me LOL

Atik
29-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Wowza! Thats my car! I'd never seen that thread, lol. That exhaust was UBER-LOUD :D

Lee, Dynoflow details:
General Sales - sales@dynoflow.net
Trade Sales - trade@dynoflow.net

Dynoflow UK
Unit 17 Lyndon Business Park
Farrier Rd
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
LN6 3RU

Direct Number for Sales and Technical 07876 332654
Office Number 01522 853858

pedro
29-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Wowza! Thats my car! I'd never seen that thread, lol. That exhaust was UBER-LOUD :D

I used the search bar...........(for once)

Beastlee
30-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Thanks Atik

kinger
30-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Pete, i might have the answer for you without having to get a cat, will text it to you as lose lips sinks ships, as they say.

Beastlee
18-04-2010, 07:34 PM

Went down there whilst we were over. Unfotunately they no longer do exhuasts or vacuum tubing, just the Mikalor clamps.

He did recommend JR Fabrication in Belper, Derby to me as a very professional service. I need to look at alternatives again, this is getting very frustrating.

elnevio
18-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Yep, Dynoflow do next to no fabrication work now. :( It's now just a hobby for him in his spare time when something interesting comes up. I think the main business is now selling bits n bobs on eBay.

Atik
19-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Man, that sucks, cos Fin is VERY good !

elnevio
19-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I was chatting to him about it. He has had enough of the fabrication game. He tends to do his projects over the course of a week (evenings and wekends). He had the RVR for the week.

Beastlee
19-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Fin was working on a lovely Corvette Stingray when I visited, it was only part-built ut under the hood was much shininess!

elnevio
19-04-2010, 11:16 AM
I think that was there when went before Christmas!

miller
19-04-2010, 11:48 AM
With regards to bespoke exhausts speak to Wayne at JAC exhausts in Hucknall, Nottingham.

Small outfit but has a very very high reputation and his work is second to none.

Google JAC and see the amount of feedback from other forums especially the moto ones!

Mike

Beastlee
19-04-2010, 09:08 PM
With regards to bespoke exhausts speak to Wayne at JAC exhausts in Hucknall, Nottingham.

Small outfit but has a very very high reputation and his work is second to none.

Google JAC and see the amount of feedback from other forums especially the moto ones!

Mike

E-Mailed! TBH I just want to get something nice sorted on it as i don't think I can blag another MOT this year.
THere's a place in Holland but a basic 3"SS will set me back over 1500€! I can get the Fujitusbo for that and have enough left over to nearly buy a shock/spring set!