PDA

View Full Version : Is this too much power???

kinger
27-03-2010, 11:33 AM
I think this is a bit much
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1132147.htm

Wodjno
27-03-2010, 11:40 AM
For an everyday driver /yes

For anything else ??

No :D

Ryan
27-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Bit much... how? Price wise?

WildCards
27-03-2010, 11:43 AM
I'd suggest it's too much power for most people. I'm not sure i'd like to be the pilot anywhere other than a drag strip TBH, and I imagine the maintenance of such a car would be quite considerable. Much more liveable machines for £75k I think.

elnevio
27-03-2010, 11:48 AM
25 VR-4s. They'd be disposable then!

Wobble
27-03-2010, 12:02 PM
just looked in my bank and only have 70 k in there and i was wanting maybe 1300 bhp aswell so i think i will leave it .

my wife scares the crap out of me when she is driving the legnum just imagine her driving this down tescos .

bradc
28-03-2010, 04:08 AM
It needs less stickers and smaller rear wing.

Johny
28-03-2010, 04:35 AM
it would be an experiece in itself trying to make your way through peak hour traffic lol

Turbo_Steve
28-03-2010, 01:28 PM
I've had over 500bhp, and even then there were times when I wanted more. However, the car still felt like a daily driver. And therein lies the rub - there comes a point when you start to make significant sacrifices for the power - mainly in terms of the shape of the powercurve (lag, cam timing) and the drivetrain (noise.....heavy clutch etc).

I used to suffer a bit with the clutch - it was fine for normal usage, but I did a couple of 500 mile round trips, had to sit in traffic, was tired, was irritable, and by the end of the day when I got into bed, my left leg knew a lot more about that clutch than it wanted to, and I was glad to see the back of it.

Ghost_2008
28-03-2010, 02:15 PM
I think theres a very good reason this is still for sale after at least two years of advertising...... and that has got to be the price........ how can they justify that kind of price, it brings us back to the other thread about modifying your car and expecting to get good a return on resale.......

In my crazy little world I think I would love to give it a go, you know the world where I have won the lottery and I dont have to worry about money any more.... but I would have the Aston as the daily driver.....

Either way your gunna be stuck with a very high maintenance vehicle that you cant really use except for on a track (that will probably try very hard to kill you dead) that you wont be able to sell when you done with it..........

Turbo_Steve
28-03-2010, 05:42 PM
TBH it needs to go and win some competitions. Then it'll walk out the door at that price. However as an unproven car, nobody is going to hand of 70k.

WizardKing
28-03-2010, 05:55 PM
There's no such thing as too much power.
That's just wuss talk !!

As Tim Allen says,
"More power, ruhh, ruhh, ruhhf."

Ghost_2008
28-03-2010, 06:30 PM
TBH it needs to go and win some competitions. Then it'll walk out the door at that price. However as an unproven car, nobody is going to hand of 70k.

Thats gunna take some doing from the inside of a car dealership.........

Your right, it needs some pedigree before it can command that sort of money.......