PDA

View Full Version : VENTURA spring's?

Big Ian
03-08-2004, 12:06 PM
As i'm on the look-out for other spring's!! has anyone heard of or know anything about.......VENTURA-SPRING's?
they are very well priced at £87.75 +10% discount (£79.) for -40mm and the supplier is pretty sure they are progressive?...also come with a life time warranty (which aint bad)
the more i think about ive nothing to loose at that price?

Big Ian
03-08-2004, 12:19 PM
ive just found a rather good bit of info about Ventura spring's :-D
these are the only spring's that Bilstein supply with any of there sport-line and sprint-line kit's.....lookin good i think :-b

Bal
03-08-2004, 01:36 PM
lovingin it. can you say a set of these on the galant with 14 inch deep dish european style dropped to the floor.

was gonna go with a set of smiths krakens but also considered some small deep dish with big ass chunky tyres

B

ritch_w
03-08-2004, 03:21 PM
they are not progressive mate as they are budget springs

Euro car parts sell these kits for golfs and having owned a Golf GTi previously i know from other owners the feed back on the springs was not always positive - a bit harsh - depends what you want them to do!!

Big Ian
03-08-2004, 06:05 PM
they are not progressive mate as they are budget springs

Euro car parts sell these kits for golfs and having owned a Golf GTi previously i know from other owners the feed back on the springs was not always positive - a bit harsh - depends what you want them to do!!

i just back......and ive orderd a set ..!? i'm keeping the boge shock's with them...sh!t hopefully they've improved.even when i was asking about them a guy in the shop said he's been using ventura's stuff for year's on his 4X4 off roader
£95.00 with vat & delivery x-10%,got to be better than what ive got at the mo!..after my MOT last week i decided to change back to my standard spring's..i can't find my recipt for my eibachs to get them exchanged for new one's and with our holiday in october,there was no way my misses was letting me spend another £150+ on a new set.
so they'll hav to do?

Big Ian
03-08-2004, 09:56 PM
ive just spoke to my bruv on the phone(he stay's 80 mile's away),he has ventura spring's on his older 525i with standard shock's..he seam's happy enough with them? he lowerd it about 40mm also,he said it made a massive diff to the ride.It is a bit harder than the P-I one's he replaced last march but it sit's better on corner's..ive to get a wee shot when he's here tomorrow..
(family funeral..,T'will be a sad day..to which i aint lookin forward too!)

Big Ian
04-08-2004, 11:49 PM
i had a spin in my brother's BMW today,i drove it for 5-6 mile and it felt quite good,hardly any body roll and he has the Ventura spring's fitted with standard gas shock's :) ..so hear's hope'n that they will feel good on my car?

RITCH do you think.....maybe that the Billi shock's could have been to hard on the VW's

ritch_w
05-08-2004, 11:23 AM
i had a spin in my brother's BMW today,i drove it for 5-6 mile and it felt quite good,hardly any body roll and he has the Ventura spring's fitted with standard gas shock's :) ..so hear's hope'n that they will feel good on my car?

RITCH do you think.....maybe that the Billi shock's could have been to hard on the VW's

dunno mate - never used them myself, however i would have thought that the billie shox would be quality part of the combo - especially after hearing mega good things about the billie / eibach combo that the guys are getting the group buy together for

if the springs are fine in abmw i'm sure they be good in a galant!!! :D

Big Ian
05-08-2004, 06:31 PM
i hope so?
i know.. :wall: i was clutching at straw's with the question about the Billie shock's, :headsc: i'm just trying to make my-self feel better about ordering the ventura spring's :uhoh2:

Big Ian
18-08-2004, 04:03 PM
AAHH-WELL! 2 week's have came.......an gone,still not got my spring's so lookin like i'm gonna chop 1 coil off the standard one's for now,as i don't want it lookin like a 4x4 for the meet this weekend,should have kept the broken set on it :|

next stop......homebase for a cutting disc :D

pezza
18-08-2004, 04:22 PM
next stop......homebase for a cutting disc :D

How much are you going to cut off? :rolleyes5

How soft is the ride at the mo?

What's the hold up with the venturas? Have NFS said?

No more questions, your honour :lipsrseal

Big Ian
18-08-2004, 04:33 PM
i'll only cut the one full ring off each coil,just to close the gap for now?
the ride aint to bad (decent shock's fitted) i just want the body nearer the tyre's.....

i went in to NFS on monday to ask about the new spring's and he phoned me earlier today to say that he had been on to his supplier and that they will come straight from the maker to them (NFS)...the guy's in nfs have been fair enough with me....I hope?,so i'll give it another week (till next monday)

Big Ian
18-08-2004, 11:06 PM
:rolleyes: well ive done it,i cut one complete turn off.....not been out in it yet :uhoh2: i'll throw it about abit on the way to work?

also stripped my grill of off all the nasty re-acting paint (earlier work :sad3: )and re did it...look's a bit better i'll put it back on tomorrow..

Big Ian
21-08-2004, 12:57 AM
new VENTURA -40mm spring's are now fitted,and i must addmit first impression's are :D good!they have a good helping of red powder coating,nice an thick metal and i'd say it feel's as good as the eibach's did on normal drive-mod,i'll see what happen's on the twist's an hump's soon.also they look quite abit lower than my old eibach's-35mm
ended up only paying £85. should have been £120.so ive got'a give a BIG SHOUT to the guy's at NEED FOR SPEED ;)

Kieran
25-10-2004, 07:38 AM
You've had your ventura's a while now Ian - Now they've had time to bed in, how do they stack up against the Eibachs? Are they progressively wound? Are they as comfortable as the Eibachs?

Big Ian
25-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Kieran,if your on the hunt for spring's that only lower your car,then i'd think about the ventura's.they aint as good as the eibach's but come a close 2nd,no harsh bumping and they hold the car well in corner's.they are'nt progressive,but on normal driving you can hardly tell it's lowered.

Big Ian
25-10-2004, 09:33 PM
so are you thinkin about drop'n Hordak?

Kieran
25-10-2004, 09:51 PM
so are you thinkin about drop'n Hordak?

Well.... I've got some birthday money you see.... And as the house comes ever closer to fruition, so does the cunning plan for a VR-4 dissappear into the distance (for now, anyway).... And I quite fancy the challenge of getting a V6 into the low 15s........:wavey: :devil5:

So.... it's either springs or something like the BDA MMCS replacement I'm toying with.... See here:

http://www.digital-car.co.uk/forum/

Bal
26-10-2004, 08:24 AM
how much was the total cost for these springs ?? did you pay £85 a corner or £85 th elot.

B

pezza
26-10-2004, 09:43 AM
.... And I quite fancy the challenge of getting a V6 into the low 15s........:wavey: :devil5:

Hmm what do you have in mind in terms of mods to get you there?

:cool1:

Big Ian
26-10-2004, 02:54 PM
how much was the total cost for these springs ?? did you pay £85 a corner or £85 th elot.

B
normal cost for 4 is about £120. But with the discount for being a full member to the Club,i only had to pay £85 for the full set.

Kieran
26-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Hmm what do you have in mind in terms of mods to get you there?

:cool1:

Well, to get a V6 into the 15s means aiming for a 0-60 of about 7ish seconds - Hordak's best so far is 7.9.

I think it'll be better breathing consisting of a revised exhaust system with more concentration on scavenge and flow - maybe go to 2.5" from 2.25", with a decat and maybe (if I can get a suitable person/company to do it) some revised manifolds or downpipes - If you take a look at the V6 system to the cat, you'll see that it's not been designed for gasflow, though with no forced induction, this isn't as critical.

On the induction side of things, whilst the mitsubishi airbox isn't bad, it could be better. I'm thinking of an induction kit with a sealed Ram pipe job with an AEM water bypass valve to prevent the engine from breating puddles. Also on induction, there may be a marginal benefit to removing the oil breather from the intake and having the oil vapor deposit into a catch can - though this again is not as big a consideration as with a turbocharged engine.

On the ignition side, I'm thinking improved earthing, some new iridium tipped sparkplugs and some silicone leads will be fine here.

And then it's time to look at the ECU - I'm thinking Greddy e-manage or a Dastek Unichip.

That's the power side. Alongside that, as power grows, other things will be taken into consideration, such as brakes, suspension and the effect of the extra power on the rest of the car and it's running gear.

Big Ian
26-10-2004, 09:45 PM
with a list like that,i take it you are now lookin for a smaller house? :laugh:

Big Ian
26-10-2004, 10:55 PM
you'll be wanting one of these then Kieran?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7930226722&category=33574

an maybe a set ot these?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7929457599&category=33586

might as well throw this on at the same time?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7930674371&category=33591

an just for the sheer hell of it!!!!!!!!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28648&item=7929090750&rd=1

Kieran
26-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Nice list - specially the chrome wheels! (not! :sick: :sick: )

Are those springs progressively wound? Is it possible to tell from the picture?

Big Ian
27-10-2004, 06:00 AM
Nice list - specially the chrome wheels! (not! :sick: :sick: )

Are those springs progressively wound? Is it possible to tell from the picture?

UUuuuuggh!.........i thought youd ave liked the wheel's the most?? :laugh:
the spring's in the picture do look progressive,as one end is wound closer/tighter than the other.

Wodjno
29-03-2005, 01:12 AM
What are progressive springs ??

ritch_w
29-03-2005, 08:34 AM
progressive would springs basically have two spring rates - the looser wound part of the spring works at lower speeds - retaining comfort etc.
the tighter part of the spring starts to work at speed / cornering and is higher rate so firms up the car.

how it does it? i dunno, magic probably.

I can recommend from experience - eibachs on the V6 as these a progressive.

standard v6 springs are progressive too - but at the wrong rates. when i put my standard springs back onto the v6 before getting the vr4, the v6 felt nasty to drive (after the eibachs) and instilled zero confidence in the handling dept.