PDA

View Full Version : Kia Ora! another kiwi in the mix!

TroyM88
27-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Hey guys,

The name is Troy.

from Titirangi, West Auckland!

brought my EC5A Galant VR-4 about 8 months ago now and have been very happy with it!! Now has come the time do to some mod's to it, but looking around on trademe and the net i realised there isn't much in terms of aftermarket parts made spefically for them.

then i stumbled across the forum.. thought i have to sign up and have a nosey to see what works best or what parts everyone has found that can get the most gains, etc.

i want to keep my car a daily driver but with enough kick to blow some of those nismo boys out the water hahahaha. Looking at running a cold air intake, upgrade to a greddy or maybe apexi piggyback ECU, new 3" exhaust as the stock one has been crushed over the years and possibly adjusty's.(which i've been told only Tein make adjusty's for the EC5A's???)

any tips or insider info:D would be greatly appriciated!

keen as beans on track meets or anything along those lines, so will hopefully get to shoot the breeze with some of the other NZ boys soon!

Ryan
27-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Welcome aboard Troy /Wyhy

You will find lots of useful information in the Articles and Resource Library. Answers to most of your questions can be found using the search function in the top left corner :)

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your car /yes

bradc
28-03-2010, 03:55 AM
Welcome! Quite a few people make suspension for VR-4's, off the top of my head, Cusco, GAB, Ralliart, JIC Magic, BC, Daiyama, and there are probably more I've missed!

djb160
28-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Howdy and Welcome. Try a search for Username = "Valmes" I think he has been involved in the best threads about Greddy Blue and Ultimate piggybacks.

aboo
28-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Hi & welcome to CVR4.