PDA

View Full Version : Suspension??

TroyM88
27-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Hey guys, sorry to sound like a newb, but when i first brought my car i thought it was lowered, and the first time i changed the brake pads on the car i noticed parts of the exhaust have been crushed over the years.

i brought king springs thinking that the car must have been lowered on Jamex superlow springs (they're red, basically look like the jamex ones) and when i fitted the king's in, the car was even lower then before..

now im confused because the springs that came with the car are red and if low's are making the car lower, doesnt that mean i'm on stock suspension already lol

but i want to make the car a bit higher as it scraps a bit on our crappy NZ roads, and i want to fit a bigger exhaust which will most likely mean more scrapage. are coilovers the only option? or is there something else!

Nick Mann
27-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Red springs implies aftermarket or someone with a tin of red paint and too much time on there hands....

There are a few different options for lowering, but if you are wanting something exact, I'd recommend something adjustable.

bradc
28-03-2010, 03:53 AM
Pics of how the car sits?

TroyM88
28-03-2010, 04:37 AM
in the, my cars section? i've added a few pics of her on there.

she's on the BBS's that came with her when i brought it.

yeah that's the thing i want to make it higher lol, so im guessing that im going down the adjustable path.. the guy from ralliart NZ told me tein's are the way to go, or the factory setup i spose.

anyone know where too source adjusty's from in NZ?

bradc
28-03-2010, 04:48 AM
That is lower than stock, probably by 30mm or so. Either stock suspension or coil overs are the way to go. I think Hyper in Penrose and 41 automotive are probably the two best places to go to for coilovers

TroyM88
06-04-2010, 03:28 AM
sweeeet i work in penrose so i'll pop down and see the boys at lunch

i went over to autolign by sylvia park and they said $2000 for Tein type HA's for the legnums which didnt sound to bad to me considering they'll be brand new and i'll get some pretty stickers as well!

and im guessing the galants run the exact same setup as the legnums?

bradc
06-04-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm in penrose too, any chance your car goes up and down O'Rorke Rd semi regularly?

The guys at Autolign are pretty good. I'd make sure you are getting 8kg F and 5kg R springs on those Tein's. Some of the low end ones come with 5kg F and 3kg R which is simply too soft.

The only difference between Galant and Legnum suspension is that Legnum suspension tends to be a little bit stiffer for the extra 40kg or so on the rear, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

TroyM88
26-06-2010, 01:44 PM
sorry about the late reply i brought a 180SX not long after my search for coilovers started so the VR-4 remains semi - stock for a lil while more.....

i work on great south road so most likely case is yes!

i ended up picking up a set of second hand tanabe sustec pro's off trademe for $500 so can't complain and they have definitely made a big difference in how she handles. I also have a couple sets of low suspension for the car as well if anyone is interested?.... maybe make a thread?