PDA

View Full Version : No more Temptation.

Temptation
29-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Hello All, names JJ. Created my user name as temptation....always wanted a VR4.

Now a proud owner of VR4 Galant, and already expriencing the thrill of it and the great of other members.

But still quite of problems needs to be FIX. (SIGH with A/T)

Regards JJ

VR4Kaos
29-03-2010, 09:20 AM
wecome to the club jj

Nick Mann
29-03-2010, 09:26 AM
/Welcome

There is always something else to do with a car you love!

elnevio
29-03-2010, 09:35 AM
/welcome3

Already a member - good stuff! :thumbsup:

aboo
29-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Hi & welcome to CVR4.

Temptation
29-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Thank you all. Yeah joined up with ClubVr4 with the wise words and influenced from Kat =)

Because at the moment i have a slight problem with tachometer sometimes works fine then suddenly drop to 0 while the car is in motion or idle.

And towards the Idle part...OMG.... the car suddenly just bogs out,

Did a Manual Diagnostic that Kat taught me, and she helped me alot. And thought SWEET problem fix, but 1 day later the problem still exist.

With no errors reported.

Thats why I joined up with kat advice to seek resource here. =)

Maybe I should start a thread regarding about this problem...

Davezj
29-03-2010, 01:11 PM
probably a good idea.

hi and welcome

sampsulo
29-03-2010, 02:08 PM
WELCOME MATE, am new here too

Turbo_Steve
29-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Welcome!

Your best bet is probably to get EvoScan connected up and see what the ECU thinks is going on: it sounds like you may need to buy a new tacho - it could just be that the gauge is failing, or that there is a bad connection to it.

The idle problem - does it try and stall when you drive it and then come to a stop...or is it if you just leave it idling?

Temptation
29-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Welcome!

Your best bet is probably to get EvoScan connected up and see what the ECU thinks is going on: it sounds like you may need to buy a new tacho - it could just be that the gauge is failing, or that there is a bad connection to it.

The idle problem - does it try and stall when you drive it and then come to a stop...or is it if you just leave it idling?

Hi Steve, many members told me about your TECH GURU.

TACHO: NO idea about this thing.

UM towards the idle problem its both actually. Whilst driving the car may also loose power (ie stalling)
but kicks back in, in seconds.

Already performed a manual diagnostic no error codes are reported except the ABS..

WELCOME MATE, am new here too

You should join up too bro

Atik
29-03-2010, 02:31 PM
UM towards the idle problem its both actually. Whilst driving the car may also loose power (ie stalling)
but kicks back in, in seconds.

Already performed a manual diagnostic no error codes are reported except the ABS..

Sounds like one or more coil packs beginning to fail.

Temptation
29-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Sounds like one or more coil packs beginning to fail.

Yeah sounds like it doesn't it. But will listen to kat as well changing the battery

Kitty's VR4
29-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Just some expansion for the masses.......

JJ asked about why his tacho was dead, and thought maybe its and IFS, but its springs back to life occasionally..... so I'm not sure if IFS is the culprit.

The car also has a tendancy to stall at idle...... hmmmmm

So I coached JJ through the process of reading error codes

OBD-II spat original codes ABS41 and AYC14

I then asked JJ to reset ECU's

then OBD-II spat completely different codes

so from erratic codes I concluded voltage issues, ie a stuffed battery or bad earths.... (Battery is crappy small japanese small DIN Terminal battery 275CCA)

so JJ had his battery checked??? reportedly A-OK (Still skeptical about battery)

and had his rusty earth contacts cleaned.......

car started and no more stall issues and Tacko spring backs to life, also re-did error codes ....... none ....... car perform brilliantly until next afternoon, when it starts stalling out again and tacho has another I need a holiday.

Pull codes again and coil packs 1-4 come up and the ABS fault again.

I'm still of the opinion that alot of this is voltage related and the battery is causing the issue not supplying consistent voltage.

I think the ABS code may be valid, but i'm not sure...

Ok, from here I'll turn it over to the Guru's and see if you guys have any ideas??

elnevio
29-03-2010, 05:53 PM
I think you're potentially on the money here, Kat. Brand spanking new battery to the rescue, perhaps.

Turbo_Steve
29-03-2010, 07:55 PM
I think you're on the right track with the battery being knackered.

However, my guess would be that it's knackered because the alternator is undercharging it: battery's TEND not to have small voltage drop off until they're completely boned, or unless they're being charged at too low a voltage.

Temptation
30-03-2010, 12:33 AM
Thanks for your advice kat, elniveo and turbo_steve. Will swap the battery.

Should i maybe start a new thread on this or leave it here. Because we are getting quite a technical side.

aboo
30-03-2010, 01:47 AM
When I had the small jap battery in my car it was going flat & would stall on me. I upgraded to a bigger battery & all has been good since. I had no probs with the tacho.

Temptation
31-03-2010, 04:09 AM
3 things

1. Battery
2.Ignition coil
3.idleing screw?