PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler removal

mcbrood
30-03-2010, 05:06 AM
Hi everyone,

I want to remove the rear spoiler on my (facelift) Legnum...but I don't want to leave any holes etc behind. Can anyone tell me if they're just stuck on with adhesive? Or are there bolts etc? Any other tips for removing the spoiler? Heat gun?

Can it be (relatively) easily re-attached if I don't like the new look?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Chris

Gly
30-03-2010, 06:26 AM
bolts,

leave it on, it looks **** without it, just look any a non turbo legnum on trademe, they dont have a spoiler. looks crap imo

mcbrood
30-03-2010, 06:57 AM
bolts,

leave it on, it looks **** without it, just look any a non turbo legnum on trademe, they dont have a spoiler. looks crap imo

I kinda like the look of the facelift rear without the spoiler... how big are the holes it would leave behind, and is there an easy way to plug 'em up?

Cheers.

elnevio
30-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Without filling, smoothing and repainting, leaves you with the options of:

- Rubber grommets in holes
- Original bolts (possibly)
- Tape
- Leave the spoiler!

Can't think of any other ways of doing it easily.

mcbrood
30-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Without filling, smoothing and repainting, leaves you with the options of:

- Rubber grommets in holes
- Original bolts (possibly)
- Tape
- Leave the spoiler!

Can't think of any other ways of doing it easily.

hmmm...is it just two bolts/holes, or more?

taupodrifta
30-03-2010, 07:58 AM
there are 2 bolt holes and cant remember fow many but they have plastic clip in things to so your left with at least 6 holes by memory

elnevio
30-03-2010, 08:24 AM
there are 2 bolt holes and cant remember fow many but they have plastic clip in things to so your left with at least 6 holes by memory
That sounds like the pre-facelift spoiler!

The facelift spoiler only has holes on the top edge of the tailgate to worry about.

It looks like there are possibly three bolts/nuts (left, right and centre), and a couple of clips. And some sticky gaskety stuff too.

Nick Mann
30-03-2010, 08:32 AM
I took mine off a while ago to fix the mountings. I *think* there were three holes, as Nev says.

I also think they look rubbish without the spoiler.

Johny
30-03-2010, 09:16 AM
or buy a non vr4 facvlift tailgate?:P

Ghost_2008
30-03-2010, 08:53 PM
I dont want to start a riot but I prefer the pre face lift spoiler...... would you think about a retrofit?????

steelie600
30-03-2010, 08:56 PM
I just dont like the fail lift full stop, PFL all the way or even better get a Super

mcbrood
31-03-2010, 01:38 AM
I dont want to start a riot but I prefer the pre face lift spoiler...... would you think about a retrofit?????

Personally - I prefer the facelift. I have de-badged the back end (broke out the heat gun and just left the small mitsi diamond on there) and I reckon it looks good. I'm not sure I want to mess around with bolt holes etc so I will prob just leave the spoiler on. Thanks everyone for the input - glad I didn't just rip into it without asking here first!