PDA

View Full Version : Calling East Anglians

firefly
04-08-2004, 04:09 PM
All this talk of far away meets is making me jealous.

Any chance of some of us east anglians meeting up for a cruise??

Is anyone from east anglia??

Hello??

enigma
04-08-2004, 04:16 PM
No but I may be down that way in the next month or so............. :D

SGHOM
04-08-2004, 04:17 PM
nope !! no where near east anglia ! but If you arrange a meet....... I'll be there, & I'm sure a few others will be too.
Just one word of caution, arranging a meet sounds easy !! :rolleyes5 It aint !! :$ :$

Kieran
04-08-2004, 08:20 PM
nope !! no where near east anglia ! but If you arrange a meet....... I'll be there, & I'm sure a few others will be too.
Just one word of caution, arranging a meet sounds easy !! :rolleyes5 It aint !! :$ :$

Go Firefly, go! Hordak needs a good run! :-b

firefly
04-08-2004, 08:27 PM
Surely someone out there lives in East Anglia??!!
Don't be embarrassed now. :wavey:

Thanx for the war cry keiran - I feel the power.. GLS POWER!!!! GGGGRRR!!

:soapbox: COME ON!!

Bal
04-08-2004, 09:47 PM
YO !! FIREFLY !! Me and you baby. im now living in oxford but the end weekend of august, bank holiday, im back in sunny ipswich. we should do a meet then.

EAST ANGLIANS RULE .... COME ON YOU TRACTOR BOYS !!

lol.

Peace out.

B

ps i do miss ipswich ... someone get me a job there os i can move back home

nick-f1
04-08-2004, 10:38 PM
ps i do miss ipswich ... someone get me a job there os i can move back home

Used to run up to Ipswich occasionally in the past just to see Poole Pirates kick the Witches asses at speedway! :laugh: :lipsrseal

Nick

Bal
04-08-2004, 10:49 PM
not really into my speedway but im sure ipswich were once rated

nick-f1
04-08-2004, 11:01 PM
Actually they were then, but now I dont know only go couple of times a year now...... but Poole still won the league. Sorry for hijacking the thread Firefly.

colVR4
05-08-2004, 10:54 AM
I live near ahem...Kings Lynn....Fenlan' warriyer cun'ry. I wouldn't mind meeting up but I am about to disappear over East ways in the next month so it had better be soon :-)

dcuk
05-08-2004, 01:59 PM
How far away from Milton Keynes?

firefly
05-08-2004, 04:14 PM
Sounds cool Bal - Can you imagine a convoy of galants below the Orwell Bridge!! Fantastic!

Anyone else interested in joining in?

As for tractor driving boys what about me?? I'm a girl and I drive John Deere tractors all the time!! I LOVE 'EM!!

So if you find yourself behind a tractor in Suffolk - don't sweat it, it's only me!! :laugh:

Bal
05-08-2004, 04:31 PM
sounds good.

unfortunately my car is a bit battered and bruised at the moment (still has the dents and scratches from the time someone tried ot break into her) but on recieving my spoiler from rich i shall get it all touched up. will be next month mind.

and also waiting for my exhaust to be done by my local lad.

firefly
05-08-2004, 05:38 PM
No biggy on the state of the car really - mine is nothing to shout out about and has a crease in the rear bumper (not by me!).

I just think it would be great to meet up, put names to faces and check out each others cars and have a few drinks by the river.

That sound nice to me!

Kieran
05-08-2004, 05:41 PM
I just think it would be great to meet up, put names to faces and check out each others cars and have a few drinks by the river.

That sound nice to me!

Sounds good to me too! I'm up for some of that! If drinkies are involved, will it be an overnighter perhaps, or will I be restricted to Coke?

firefly
05-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Overnighter would be a great idea! I however live local so prob would get boyf to drive me back when I start making a fool of myself!!! :rolleyes5

Nick Mann
05-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Sounds like it could be fun! Is the place finalised? I would suggest as far west in your neck of the woods as you can, to attract as many of us as possible. Work out a date and cost of an overnighter and then get people signing up! Derek's right, though - organising it is easier said than done!

firefly
06-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Hows about Bury St Edmunds - is that more do-able for people??

It's very quick to get in and out of. I've been into bury - not much to rave about really but we could use this as a meeting point and then go on to somewhere more scenic (with a pub of course!)

Unless anyone has other ideas for places to meet - I can only think of Ipswich, Norwich, maybe colchester?

Alternatively we could make it like a relay - some of us travelling and meeting up in certain places (perhaps Norwich-Ipswich-Bury St Edmunds-Cambridge as a thought)

Let me know what you think?

Bal
07-08-2004, 05:56 PM
those who want to come where are you coming from.

if the majority of the people are coming from anyone direction then we pick a town closest to that place.

I say the bank holiday weekend at the end of the month, and probably the best place to meet is toys r us car park in ipswich. this is just off the a14 motorway at the junction that meets with the a12. T'R'US is visible from the motoroway so really easy to get to.

from there we convoy up to somewhere more scenic and suitable. Bury is drab, but then i dont really know it that well. Norwich has some really nice pubs along the river, ipswich has that lake (cant remember it but you have to go under the orwell bridge to get there - can you say ideal photo shoot). Unfortunately if memory serves me there is no pub there but a small cafe. would be nice and scenic. Or we can drive up to lowestoft or great yarmouth .... NO !! even better come to felixstowe. Ideal place in front of the beach to park. locely bars pubs along the sea front. would be wicked.

anyways i aint fussed but has to be easy for everyone to get to.

B

nick-f1
08-08-2004, 12:11 PM
I would say definitely not great yarmouth! If they were going to give England an enema thats where they would put the tube!!!!!!!!! :lipsrseal :rolleyes5

Kieran
08-08-2004, 01:00 PM
I would say definitely not great yarmouth! If they were going to give England an enema thats where they would put the tube!!!!!!!!! :lipsrseal :rolleyes5

:lolz:
Never heard that expression before!!! :-D Love it!! :laugh:

The Vee
08-08-2004, 01:40 PM
If I can make it I'd be happy with any one's choice as they're all fairly "local"
Just need to confirm availability - like the sound of the seaside visit - lowestoft or wherever but may be very busy on a bank holiday

firefly
08-08-2004, 04:42 PM
Well it sounds like we're getting there.

I guess the start point of TRUS at Ipswich is ideal - un-bleeding-missable!!

I personally can only do the saturday of that weekend as I have to work sundays and bank holiday mondays. I might be able to do monday at a push tho.

With regards to the going to the seaside I reckon Lowestoft would be a nightmare that weekend - it's roads are awful for congestion.
Southwold and Aldeburgh are the same.

I don't know about Felixstowe so maybe you wanna giive your opinion on that Bal? The places around Ipswich sound good too - I'm sure you know better than me!

A place I can recommend is Dunwich - it has a large car park which will probably be busy but theres still bound to be enough room. It overlooks the coast to Southwold, is right on the beach, has a chippie and ice cream in the car park and a family pub over the road.

Let me know.

Bal
08-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Ok so the options are Ipswich, Felixstowe or some surrounding town.

Felixstowe is easy to get to in that it is straight down the a14 right to the end. then from there i can think of two decent spots 1) at the port where you can park up and have a good view of the port and harwich or 2) on the cliff front in old felixstowe - used to spend many a day smoking up there lol.

ipswich has a few places there is that lake that i can remember the name of (its more of a resevoir or something).

i agree lowestoft or even norwich would be a b1tch on that day as there is many a point where you have single lane traffic and i know if i have been driving all day i wouldnt be up for it.

Durwich - never heard of the place but sounds good.

So we are saying sat of the bank holiday weekend. Now we need a place.

Durwich sounds good im all for that but where the hell is it.

Ipswich and felixstowe are good backups the only problem is either parking or pubs lol.

firefly
08-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Dunwich is right on the coast, south of southwold and ah-hem north of Sizewell Nuclear power station (your far enough away not to notice it!).

It's about a ten minute drive off the A12 at Yoxford (nice bendy and straight roads to put pedal to the metal on!)

So if everyone agrees we can meet at ipswich and cruise down the A12 and wind-up at Dunwich for photos, chips, beers and ice cream!

Bal
08-08-2004, 08:29 PM
i think we have a plan. now all i have to do is make sure my old man doesnt book my time to help him redecorate lol.

hey firefly does this mean you have to come down to ipswich and then cruise on back up the a12 isnt saxmundham up that direstion anyways.

B

Kieran
08-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Chaps... You say it's looking like the bank holiday weekend... Is that the weekend of Saturday 21/Sunday 22nd August?

Just wondering, because that's the weekend of the Dumfries Meet....

The Vee
08-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Chaps... You say it's looking like the bank holiday weekend... Is that the weekend of Saturday 21/Sunday 22nd August?

Just wondering, because that's the weekend of the Dumfries Meet....

No mate, Bank holiday is the following Weekend. Kieran, Small but quick Hi-jack.
Sorry for delay but Mitsi papers in post tomorrow
Andy

Kieran
08-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Cool. Cheers!

Bal
08-08-2004, 10:56 PM
bank holiday weekend is the 28th i think. and on the note of the 21st if anyone is in oxford for some strange reason im having a house party so you all more than welcome to come. would be kewl having a fleet of vr4s etc on my drive.

B

nick-f1
08-08-2004, 11:22 PM
bank holiday weekend is the 28th i think. and on the note of the 21st if anyone is in oxford for some strange reason im having a house party so you all more than welcome to come. would be kewl having a fleet of vr4s etc on my drive.

B

Hey don't know about the vr4 but if yr anywhere near the Thames I might be in the vicinity on my boat that weekend :-b :laugh:

PS: sorry about the hi-jack! :lipsrseal

Bal
08-08-2004, 11:34 PM
hey nick i actually live in abingdon and the thames isnt too far from my house. would be kewl if you moored up and came over.

allow the hijack we all hijack. u jack i jack everone jacks we all jackers lol.

B

nick-f1
08-08-2004, 11:50 PM
hey nick i actually live in abingdon and the thames isnt too far from my house. would be kewl if you moored up and came over.

allow the hijack we all hijack. u jack i jack everone jacks we all jackers lol.

B

Yep could be cool!!!!!!!! But who says I jack? thats a bit personal :laugh: :lipsrseal :$ :$

firefly
09-08-2004, 10:40 AM
Jesus- you chaps just can't keep your minds on the job can you?!! :rolleyes5

So Saturday 28th August
At Ipswich TRUS (A12)
To Dunwich Beach
For Chips, Beers, Photos etc.

Great!
So whos's coming then?

Names:
Firefly

P.s. Bal - I can just imagine a fleet of Galants cruising over the Orwel Bridge, can you?!!

colVR4
09-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Bu66er, I'm away diving in Egypt over the Bank Holiday (oops did I drop a name around here somewhere :D )

If you want a nice place to meet up how about Thetford Forest, straight up the M11-A11 from South or A14-A11 Westways (great photo ops). Norwich has a bevvy of cracking pubs an' clubs. Or you could go the whole hog and do a run up to the coast (avoid sunny hunny and go for somewhere like Brancaster, Wells or Cromer. They may all be a bit far for you to come but they are some of the nicest beaches in the whole of the UK.

Hope some of this helps. If you plan it for any other time I shall definately be up for it!!

colVR4
09-08-2004, 10:57 AM
JEESSUSUSS...this forum moved along a pace all of a sudden. There I was suggesting a few spots and by the time I had finished typing you had it all decided already!!!!

Bal
09-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Names:
Firefly
Bal (Birdie ...)

nick-f1
09-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Might just be able to make it if we're back , see how we're fixed. Thats if you dont mind some southerners and VR4 crashing the party :laugh: :rolleyes5 :$

Mel
09-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Late arrival to the party, but assuming I'm not on hols elsewhere, Dunwich or Thetford is fine by me, all pretty short from Cambridge.

firefly
11-08-2004, 09:53 AM
More the merrier guys ;)

Isn't devon a long way to come for the day?
If you need to stay overnight I can get plenty of info for you on nice places to stay locally.

I'm getting excited now - imagining us cruising around, going for a burn... :flamer1:!

Got a mod list as long as my arm to try and get done before we meet tho!! :rolleyes5

enigma
11-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Cant make bank holiday weekend I am afraid :(

I am torturing 15 swimmers on a training camp in Crystal Palace :D

firefly
17-08-2004, 09:07 AM
So with only 11 days to go is it possible to have a show of hands for this day(28th August)?

Are people still happy with the plan to meet at toys r us at ipswich and go on to Dunwich Beach?

I am now able to do bank holiday monday so if this is better for more people maybe we could do it then?

Sorry to nag guys but I had a dream last night that loads of people turned up and then left me behind in the car park!!! So thought I better rally you all :-D

Bal
17-08-2004, 01:32 PM
ahh bless.

let me know date and time.

firefly
19-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Ok I'll stop ditherin and get on with it - (women, eh?!!)

Date: 28th August 2004

10.30am Toys 'R' Us Carpark, Ipswich - off A12/A14

11.30am Head off to Dunwich - fast as you like - no speed cameras!!

12.00pm Arrive at Dunwich Beach Carpark (hopefully basking in sunshine)

Enjoy ice cream, beer, chatting, fish and chips.

2.00pm Time for a cruise, me thinks

So if peeps wouldn't mind confirming we can get an idea of numbers.

(or will it just be me and Bal!!)

SGHOM
23-08-2004, 05:33 PM
After visiting sunny Scotland last weekend, I may be tempted to sunny suffolk !!
This meet is still on I take It ?? so far just 2 peeps, & possibly me ??
I might bring the girls for a day at the seaside. :-b :-b

firefly
23-08-2004, 06:21 PM
I'm still up for the event!
It's been sunny here today whilst chucking it down in land so Dunwich Beach should be fine and sunny come Saturday - fingers crossed!!!

I assume Bal is still planning to come- unless his dad is keeping him busy instead!

As for everyone else - all are welcome for a jolly at the seaside!

(I will be bringing the Boyf and the puppy too!!)

Kieran
23-08-2004, 07:33 PM
Not me I'm afraid :sad3:

House hunting... On a bank holiday....

I hope you share my pain! :$ :-D :lipsrseal

SGHOM
24-08-2004, 08:53 PM
So ?? It looks like just the three of us then ?? :dozey: :sad3:
Firefly, Bal, & possibly myself.

any more takers ??

Spirit
24-08-2004, 08:59 PM
Would love too but finances don't allow.....oh and also 10th wedding anniversary BBQ on Sunday so may not feel fit enough :laugh: :rolleyes5

SGHOM
24-08-2004, 09:08 PM
.....oh and also 10th wedding anniversary may not feel fit
Just 10 ?? :laugh: try 22, & 4 teenage kids !! :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5

Bal
24-08-2004, 10:21 PM
im so so so sorry im gonna have to pull out. i have to go to birmingham airport to pick up my gran who is coming in from india.

apologies everyone. if we can move this to monday i can do monday as im going back to felixstowe on sunday night.