PDA

View Full Version : Centre grill removal

Ghost_2008
04-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Hi Guys, can anyone tell me how to remove the grill between the headlights? I can see all the clips, but it looks like somethings gunna get broken the way I'm going... I had a search and I couldn't see the answer.....

elnevio
04-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Use a small flat-headed screwdriver. You push the little white/cream tabs in the the centre of the clips, and this releases them from the body work. There are six in total.

Ghost_2008
04-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Sweet, thank you, might try and give a re spray...

Judder
18-12-2021, 03:26 PM
I had to do this today to fit my new twin horns, so here are the locations with a marked up photo

The clips look like they should be compressed at the bottom and the top, but you can wiggle them out by just compressing the top of the clip with a small long screwdriver. Note the middle clips are sidewards mounted so you have to compress those from the sides

and here's what the clip looks like for reference

Judder
18-12-2021, 06:54 PM
I missed circling one of the 7 clips on my photo so here's an updated one showing the extra bottom middle clip

I've just had to remove mine again and it's still really difficult - even with those clips pushed down at the top so maybe there was a special tool for doing this properly or they weren't meant to be able to be easily removed...

SinkreZ
19-12-2021, 09:34 PM
Removed grille bunch of times with flat screwdriver, never had any issues, fast and easy.
You just need to press middle part (that longer part) of the clips and not the top part. After you press you need some little force to pull the grille, just in case for clip to not go back to its fixed state. After that you just pull every clip from headlight grille holes and from frame and just put every clip to the grille.

I just don't understand what's causing so much trouble in removing grille.

Judder
20-12-2021, 01:48 AM
I just don't understand what's causing so much trouble in removing grille.

I think as you say it's pressing the middle clip at the back, rather the top clip that makes life easier :thumbsup:

Nick Mann
20-12-2021, 11:12 AM
As per Evaldas,

Gently push the tab at the end of the lonong part with a screwdriver, whilst pulling the grill horizontally away from the car. Start at one end and work accross. The clips all stay behind in the holes, but once the grill is removed you take the clips from the car and refit to the grill. Then just push the grill back on - you hear the click of the clips.

I'm 95% sure there are only 6 clips. One in each corner and two near the bonnet latch.