View Full Version : FS: 1976 2dr Galant project, Nottinghamshire ***SOLD!***

Kieran
04-04-2010, 07:53 PM
YEAR: 1976 (Suffix 'P' Plate)
COLOUR: Yellow
MILEAGE: 54000
R.F.L. EXPIRY DATE: N/A
M.O.T. EXPIRY DATE: N/A
PRICE: Open to offers from suitable prospective owners. See below for more details.
CONTACT DETAILS: PM me to discuss.

Description:

Sadly the Yellow Peril also has to go. I've no storage space at my new place and on top of that, I just don't have the spare cash and time any more in order to complete the car if I did have somewhere to put it. So with much regret, I've got to pass the baton on. :sad3:

So - What's this car all about then?

Well, first - Here's a brochure:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5047&d=1116343539

That's what they were like new.

As the name suggests, the Yellow Peril is a yellow 2 Hardtop in 'GL' specification. So you get velour/vinyl seats, a rear heater and a radio and pillar less doors. Ultra cool. Oh yes. :afro:

This is what it looked like when I bought it:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8864&page=2

And since then, it's been undergoing restoration. This thread has been tracking the progress:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34348

The current status is as shown in post #33, more or less. Essentially what it needs is the bodywork finishing off (including the last bit of welding of the rear lower 1/4), the bodywork rubbing down and painting, a set of sealed beam (or Halogen replacement) headlamps, tyres and an MOT. Everything else is pretty much done. And the few bits that aren't, I have the spares for.

As you may read, the engine isn't the original. It's the same engine, but from a donor - This donor, in fact:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12811&page=3

It drove very well actually, given the age and mileage and even seemed fairly good on petrol!

It's taken me a long time to reach this decision. It's not one I wanted to make, but my situation makes hanging onto this one untenable. If it were finished and roadworthy, that'd be one thing; in fact I'd probably use it as a 'Daily' for a bit. But I've just not got the time and cash to do that now, so it's got to go... And that's where the caveat comes into play...

As you have seen, a lot of CVR-4 Members have given a lot of their own time and help to me over the years with this project, and it's all been for nothing other than to help the project along and see it done. That's a debt I cannot repay - The least I can do is make sure their efforts were not in vain; A lot of people have said that they want to see this car displayed at shows and it would be an affront to everyone involved if that didn't happen. Therefore, whilst I do need to move this car along, sale shall be to a club member who will continue the effort to complete the restoration as intended. Please note that people thinking of banger racing/breaking for scrap/etc shall not be considered.

So - if you fancy the challenge, PM me and we can discuss. To the right member, you could have the whole package (the Peril, the spares, the lot!) for a VERY reasonable price.

Roberto
04-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Ah nuts K, sorry to hear this.

Best of luck with the sale.

Axeboy
04-04-2010, 08:26 PM
All the best K

foxdie
04-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Out of all your cars you're selling I know this'll be the deepest cut to your heart, sorry to see you've got to let this go K :(

Kieran
08-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Bump! :deal2:

Come and help yourself to a slice of Retro Goodness! :afro:

...Did I mention the early 4G63Ts will fit?... /Hmmm

...Did I also mention that if you look on Sigma-Galant.com, the Aussies have been playing with these cars for years... And things like V8s have been shoehorned in there?...

That'd be fun... /Devil5

Kieran
08-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Something to add - As a frequent reader of Practical Classics and such magazines, I am aware of how much unfinished projects change hands for, so my expectations of price are realistic I feel - So if you're sat there mulling it over, I'm open to offers and more than wiling to discuss. :)

Axeboy
08-04-2010, 09:42 PM
K, would you be able to give us a guide price? It might stir up more interest

Kieran
08-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Erm... Well, I have several price points in my head, which would see me range from skipping all the way to the bank, hardly daring to believe my good fortune, to busking on the street corner to make up the bus fare to get to the bank! /pan

My 'skipping all the way to the bank' figure would be £750 - Which I know I'm not going to get.

Does that help?

aboo
08-04-2010, 10:07 PM
£750 doesnt sound that bad. I thought you wanted more for it.

Kieran
08-04-2010, 10:09 PM
£750 doesnt sound that bad. I thought you wanted more for it.

Nah - As I said Andy, despite the emotive nature of the sale, I'm hopefully realistic in my pricing. :)

Axeboy
09-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Easily moved on a flatbed?

WildCards
09-04-2010, 05:37 PM
It runs under it's own steam doesn't it K?

Nick Mann
09-04-2010, 08:09 PM
The engine runs - I've heard it!

I can't think of a reason it won't move under its own steam.... It's not MOT'd and still needs a couple of things doing to get it there, IIRC, so driving it home will be an issue.

Kieran
10-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Right - Today I took a phone call from a very pleasant chap (external to CVR4 but very much into Mitsubishis) and I have reserved the Peril for him, subject to inspection and sale agreement. I imagine that Inspection will be in about 2 weeks time as we've both got full diaries.

In the meantime I will still listen to offers from other interested parties, but please understand that there is a potential buyer in front of you and they have first refusal.