PDA

View Full Version : kwik ...def not fit

funkstardelux
06-04-2010, 10:08 PM
found a nail in my tyre on sunday, called up local kwikifity and said sure come down we can sort it out..
got there bunch of kids there as main guys off sunday, said oh no you haven;t got enough tread to do the repair ..need 3 mm at least.. and your other tyre needs changing as its not legal.. i was like mmm sure.
theres around 6mm of tread the tryes are 8 months old.. ive taken pics and going to write to the head office esp after a few months ago i had tracking done 3 times then 4 wheels tracking by them at it felt wrong..took it to mitso dealer and they said it was all off..so got the proof and going to ask for a refund and the fact they broke bs regs about the tyres...as its states its 1.6 mm of tread need for repair.
never ever going that bunch of monkey mechanics..

Confused
06-04-2010, 10:17 PM
My local kwik-fit managed to totally screw up my mum's Mondeo!

She had a pair of tyres fitted, and then she started having issues a couple of weeks later with her brakes (a sticky caliper)

No biggie, I thought, I'll get a new caliper, and I'll have that swapped over in 20 minutes.

WRONG!

First off, I couldn't get the wheel off. They'd done the nuts up SO tight, I even struggled with my 3ft breaker bar to remove the standard nuts. And as for the locking nut? Completely mangled when they put it on, and I had no chance of removing it.

So, back down the road to get them to remove the locking nut. No luck. 6 hours later, and no luck. They had, however, managed to mangle it some more! We told them to then remove it from their ramp, and we'll take it somewhere else. As they were lowering it, they noticed what they thought was a snapped spring. What did they then do? They grabbed it with both hands, gave it a hard pull, and the snapped bit of spring popped off its seat, and impaled itself onto the tyre.

One immovable car.

So, I now had to source another shock/spring assembly (luckily there's a Ford breaker's down the road, so that was fairly cheap), but that's not the point, and, anyway, the muppets had now made the car undrivable.

Their instructions were then to remove the wheel, and replace the spring onto it's seat, as it WAS drivable until they yanked at it!

Eventually I got a phone call saying it was done, and then another couple of hours later, I had the replacement strut, caliper, plus new discs/pads all fitted.

Needless to say, that branch (or, indeed any others, to be honest) are ever getting any custom from anyone I know!

funkstardelux
06-04-2010, 10:22 PM
i went online and did some searching i found some mega horror stories of what they have done ..its unreal that they are getting away with it.
imy dad took his car in for an mot.. i warned him not to but he did..they failed it on the head lights being to high..they are friggin motorised moveable..so dad said ok to them to do it for a tenner..they did and it passed..anyway the headlights were soo dipped down at night you could only see 5 feet infront of the car, i went to adjust them up..guess what they broke the adjusting screw...

HMG1K
06-04-2010, 10:37 PM
I had a case about 10 years ago where I went to Kwik Fit for a set of four new top of the range Michelin tyres. All great and wonderful.

Fast forward 10 months, I took the car for an MOT and it failed. Why, because of Kwik Fit? Because they put ALL four tyres on the alloys the wrong way around - so the outside facing part of the rubber should have been on the inside. I'd been driving around with the tread running in the wrong direction to the car.

They changed them around free of charge when I told them. What monkeys.

funkstardelux
06-04-2010, 10:49 PM
i dread to think what sort of grip u had in the rain...reverse aquaplaning...

Subaru ETA
06-04-2010, 10:50 PM
these guys sound awesome....

funkstardelux
06-04-2010, 10:52 PM
aww mate u have no idea...think of the worst mechanic...and that word is s joke to describe their knowledge...add a ton of bull crap to them and you are a quarter way there..even as trye fitters they have no clue.. i mean fitting a damn trye.. i've done it myself and fixed puncuters aswell...its unreal how bad they are.

Confused
06-04-2010, 10:56 PM
"You'll be amazed at what we can do"

Yup, you'll be amazed at just HOW badly they can fook up your car, this time!

elnevio
06-04-2010, 10:58 PM
I've never had a problem with the KwikFits I have used over the years (although probably not been to one for about 6 years now!). Having said that, that was usually due to requiring to visit them to sort out tyres on company cars, although I obviously did want to ensure that things were safe.

But yes, they certainly seem to have more than their fair share of horror stories. Usually along the lines of just taking it in for a new tyre, and being told, "Yes mate, you need new brake discs and pads, and two shock absorbers" even when these items do not need it!

funkstardelux
06-04-2010, 11:02 PM
i wonder if anybody as gone in and asked for a lobotomy.. i reckon somehow they be good at that :P

Nutter_John
06-04-2010, 11:20 PM
I went in to have a puncture done and they said it was two close to the sidewall , my response was bs , they then said it was comapny policy etc etc . The funny thing was he clained I need new rear brake pads , again my claim of oh yeah amazing as I only changed them last saturday he was silent and i left

puncture repaired for £7 elsewhere and last 1 trip to the ring and 18 ,000 miles , not safe eh ? :D

funkstardelux
06-04-2010, 11:25 PM
they are full of it aren't they. and most who work there drive chav mobiles

Big Ian
07-04-2010, 12:00 AM
never had a problem with my local Kwik Fit .. but then again the manager is one of my best freind's ;) i have free use of there spare ramp on a sunday :D