PDA

View Full Version : sold items

funkstardelux
06-04-2010, 10:28 PM
i was wondering if anyone else thinks the same that sold or sorted items on the wanted or for sale forum once sold or sorted should be delted as the forum page has lots of pages now.

Wodjno
06-04-2010, 10:31 PM
i was wondering if anyone else thinks the same that sold or sorted items on the wanted or for sale forum once sold or sorted should be delted as the forum page has lots of pages now.

Sounds like a Good idea /yes

ANTHONY
06-04-2010, 10:33 PM
yep i agree..

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29715 a good example Peter hasn't even got the car any more so i doubt if he still wants the badge......hey Glen

Davezj
06-04-2010, 10:42 PM
could there be a time limet on the for sale/wanted section of say 2 months and after that it automatically get deleted.

however there is some good info in some of the for sale/wanted threads, that would get lost if they just got deleted.

funkstardelux
06-04-2010, 10:46 PM
there is def good info, i wonder if making a good info page would be useful.

elnevio
06-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I wonder if FS/WTB threads can be automatically archived after a fixed period, if there is no activity on them.

At present, the thread titles are manually updated by mods when it is noted that the items have been sold/bought. But only when it is mentioned on the thread! And sometimes that is also missed!

funkstardelux
06-04-2010, 10:54 PM
i think davezj idea was good about a time limit of say 2-3 months, as usually after that people have sourced stuff out or sold via other means.

ANTHONY
06-04-2010, 10:55 PM
we need a librarian :lost:

Nick Mann
06-04-2010, 10:57 PM
TBH I'm not sure how it would work.

How would any system know if the item is still available or not? The only option is for the person selling to write in the thread if it is gone or not.

The only way of reducing the number of threads in the forum is to restrict the threads per person or to increase the number of forums. So - two FS threads a month max for non-traders? Or seperate forums for wheels, mechanicals, aftermarket, wanted, body panels etc....

funkstardelux
06-04-2010, 11:00 PM
maybe just seperate the wanted and for sale that will help people searching through the lists. and put a rule maybe that the thread will only last 3 months then be removed. if not stated as sold by the person?

Barney
06-04-2010, 11:03 PM
I'd have thought the Auto Archive option after a longer period say 3 to 4 months would be:
1. Simpler to achieve
2. Safer, in case there was a mistake in deleting
3. Give people who are looking for the odd thingymagigdodahwotsit the chance to search those that have broken for parts.

Just my two pennies worth