PDA

View Full Version : Body work repair

Roberto
07-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Since I'm still strongly thinking of keeping the VR4 for even longer.

I've her off the road at present as I do some work to her.

But decided to get a quote for a restoration of the body work.

Jobs needed:

Front dumper stripped and re-painted
Front drivers wing repaired and re-painted
Couple of rust spots on the roof and top rear panel
Stone chips on bonnet, wings and roof repaired
Rear bumper reshaped and re-painted
Full body de-tared and polished
Tidy up the flaking lacqeur around the rear side windows

All paint work is baked and fully polished

Price €1200

Didn't think it was to bad.

Asked them about refurbing the wheels, he has a look and says "Ah, BBS they are a knightmare" cause of the design, so would want €100 a corner to strip, polish and re-finish.

Now I've just to decide what to do.

Nick Mann
07-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Wheels sound expensive - rest sounds cheap!

miller
07-04-2010, 04:53 PM
I can imagine just how much a nightmare the BBS wheels would be, so in that sense I would believe their prices match the work!

Roberto
07-04-2010, 05:38 PM
It was gas with the wheels, normally he said he can do wheels at about €50 each, but has done BBS before and has personal experience of all the nocks and crannys.

So I might take then off and see if I can give them a REAL good clean, polish and wax.

Roberto
07-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Oh, and I'll be getting the toe eye cover aswell.

And try not to loose this one.

giblet
07-04-2010, 05:53 PM
If you want a "proper" refurb, try the guys used here - http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=162503

kinger
07-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Thats seems ok, im just about to pay £1600 for a full respray apart from the roof.

HMG1K
07-04-2010, 06:48 PM
If you want a "proper" refurb, try the guys used here - http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=162503

I agree - I got my Sport alloys refurbed by Rimfurbish, the best company out there. They turned my order around in 7 working days. :thumbsup:

Roberto
07-04-2010, 06:51 PM
I agree - I got my Sport alloys refurbed by Rimfurbish, the best company out there. They turned my order around in 7 working days. :thumbsup:

Might cost a bit to much on Courier costs though.

HMG1K
07-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Might cost a bit to much on Courier costs though.

See what they say - the price they quote also includes carriage from you and back to you. I was surprised (they are in the Midlands while I'm in London) that they could collect and deliver by courier for cheaper than I could have got one going one-way!

I also bought new Goodyear Asymmetric tyres from Rimfurbish, new valves, fitted and balanced too, for cheaper than the cheapest company I could find online doing mobile fitting or my local tyre centre. I then took the new wheels to my local tyre centre and paid £20 to get them fitted (and whatever more to track and balance all four wheels on the car.)

Roberto
09-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Just e-mailed Rimfurbish for a complete price, including pick and return to Dublin.

Thinking about getting the Antricite finish.
But car is running standard height so not sure.