PDA

View Full Version : nEEd to find new insurance company in 7 days

vineil
09-04-2010, 04:42 AM
rung up my insurance company today to update my policy regarding my new exhaust etc and they tol me they can't insure my car because its turbo'd. Protecta Insurance had taken over my policy from Pioneer Insurance because thet closed down etc last year. obviously the homos at pioneer didnt tell them it was a vr-4 etc and all the mods/accessories i had.

so now Protecta has given me 7 days to find a new insurance company before they cancel ma policy

can u guys recommend any insurance companies??

and was also thinkin of getting my car valued as no point insuring it for more than its worth. anyone know where i can get ma car valued for for cheap??

thanks in advance
vEe

CANDEE
09-04-2010, 04:48 AM
Clic insurance...

http://www.cliccarinsurance.co.nz/

wintertidenz
09-04-2010, 05:09 AM
Or NAC...

http://www.nac.co.nz

Adam.Findlay
09-04-2010, 05:26 AM
no way mate nac and click are horridly expensive
go for carsure insurance
http://www.carsure.co.nz/

Subaru ETA
09-04-2010, 05:45 AM
eerrr ring protecta up and give them an earful and speak to someone different is my suggestion. my vr4 was insured with them and now my airtrek turbo is and they have no problem with them being turboed and all mods decleared.

mine was transfered from pioneer also

bradc
09-04-2010, 06:10 AM
I'm exactly the same as Dave, went from Pioneer to Protecta. Both my VR-4's and ST-R are with them and everything is declared. I'm insured on my purple VR-4 for $15k extra payment on top of it for all of the mods as well!

vineil
09-04-2010, 07:19 AM
ok thanks guys..hmm yea think ill ring bak and c watz goin on..

thanks
vEe

vineil
09-04-2010, 07:24 AM
bdw does anyone know i can get my car valued??

scottie2hotti
09-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Or through ASB bank thats who im with cheapest by far, obviously no mods or anything so prob going to have to change if i mod it but hey saving in the mean time.

VR4WGN
09-04-2010, 09:27 PM
wait till you claim with the bank!!!!!!!!

AlanDITD
09-04-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm exactly the same as Dave, went from Pioneer to Protecta. Both my VR-4's and ST-R are with them and everything is declared. I'm insured on my purple VR-4 for $15k extra payment on top of it for all of the mods as well!

$15000? WTF

bradc
09-04-2010, 09:30 PM
You've seen my mod list haven't you?

AlanDITD
09-04-2010, 09:31 PM
ang on i just re-read your post..

You pay that, or your insured to that value?

bradc
09-04-2010, 09:33 PM
It is around $1100 per year. I'm insured for the value of the car plus 15k of mods

AlanDITD
09-04-2010, 09:36 PM
ahh sorry mate, i thought you had to pay 15k extra for the car and its mods...hence the WTF :D

fuel
10-04-2010, 02:48 AM
I'm with CLIC for the VR-4 for $8.5k full cover, excess is $800 I think and I'm paying approx $600 a year. State refused to insure it for what it was worth, most they would insure it for was $3000 because to them a 1991 car can't possibly be worth that much. What about the 1991 Porsche 911's, Ferraris etc all out there.

mattnz
10-04-2010, 04:05 AM
Consider yourself lucky you got 7 days. State cancelled mine immediately :/

vineil
10-04-2010, 05:07 AM
o damn...so im guessin state is outta da question for me then...haha

Subaru ETA
10-04-2010, 07:56 AM
Or through ASB bank thats who im with cheapest by far, obviously no mods or anything so prob going to have to change if i mod it but hey saving in the mean time.

ASB is done through NZI, which is IAG which is the same as State. they wont insure a modified car. plus with my car modified protecta is cheaper then ASB was when it was standard!

wintertidenz
10-04-2010, 11:40 PM
NAC is also IAG. Thought that ASB was through Sovereign?

Subaru ETA
11-04-2010, 07:27 AM
there life insurance is

chx_wagon
11-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Best to get your car valued if you are going to try and go through the everyday insurance companies. I had to get my R32 GTST valued because what it was worth wasnt what they would insure it for. Didnt matter to the make and model and mods. 1989 car was only worth 2g to them. Good old state insurance for ya. I do have my VR4 with them... only at the moment because its standard! lol But jeeze my excess is something out of this world!

I was through NAC with the starlet I had, and by gosh they were expensive. Cost me $20 a week to insure the thing for $5000.00

If the insurance company have all of a sudden decided not to insure you because the have found out your car is turbo I would be going higher up. That happend to a friend of mine, he called his insurance company to add a mod onto his car. The supervisor got him and attempted to add it and was like "Hang on this should have never been insured through us" as you can imagine he was like "WTF? so I have paid for insurance and if something happened it would have come back that I shouldnt have been insured?" That did end up being the case. He took it further and dug his heels in and eventually got refunded the whole lot of money he had put in over a 3 year period with the company!

vineil
11-04-2010, 10:11 AM
Best to get your car valued if you are going to try and go through the everyday insurance companies. I had to get my R32 GTST valued because what it was worth wasnt what they would insure it for. Didnt matter to the make and model and mods. 1989 car was only worth 2g to them. Good old state insurance for ya. I do have my VR4 with them... only at the moment because its standard! lol But jeeze my excess is something out of this world!

I was through NAC with the starlet I had, and by gosh they were expensive. Cost me $20 a week to insure the thing for $5000.00

If the insurance company have all of a sudden decided not to insure you because the have found out your car is turbo I would be going higher up. That happend to a friend of mine, he called his insurance company to add a mod onto his car. The supervisor got him and attempted to add it and was like "Hang on this should have never been insured through us" as you can imagine he was like "WTF? so I have paid for insurance and if something happened it would have come back that I shouldnt have been insured?" That did end up being the case. He took it further and dug his heels in and eventually got refunded the whole lot of money he had put in over a 3 year period with the company!

yea im getting my car valued tomorrow and im going to ring up protecta again and see whats going on a../boxing

Adam.Findlay
11-04-2010, 11:38 AM
seriously dude give carsure a buzz they have been fantastic for me and they are owned by AIG the same company that owns NAC but carsure is a heap cheaper then anywhere else i could find. mods are covered too

Subaru ETA
19-04-2010, 11:58 PM
yea im getting my car valued tomorrow and im going to ring up protecta again and see whats going on a../boxing

what happened in the end?

vineil
20-04-2010, 11:18 AM
they just weren't interested. they reckon they never looked at my policy when it got transferred over from pioneer. they were told it was just a standard galant apparently. i told her i know of some people who are insured with them with similar cars and the lady on the phone was like get them to ring up so we can have a look at their policy. i was like i don't want to f**k it up for them. haha. but she said i would've been covered if someting had happened. but neways im with NAC now and its allgood. good premiums and excess is decent. it'll drop once i turn 25 next year.
State insurance wanted $2650 exccess!!

Subaru ETA
22-04-2010, 05:29 AM
Interesting. My airtrek is currently with protecta and on the insurance papers it says airtrek turbo!

vineil
22-04-2010, 10:49 AM
yeah. the lady said there are other factors that determine it too aye. such as age etc...lol