PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a builder in the South East!

Jesus-Ninja
09-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Righto, after some quotes for this: http://jesus-ninja.dyndns.org/garage/

In essence, the link above is this:

http://jesus-ninja.dyndns.org/garage/garageMedium.jpg

Looking for a builder to construct the building above. This is a garage to be built at the foot of a garden (vehicle access down the side of the house). The building, being larger than 30 square metres, will be subject to building regs and so will need to be inspected at the appropriate intervals.

The building needs to be constructed from appropriate but affordable materials. I am thinking breeze block for the walls, steel reinforced concrete for the floor, and corrugated roofing sheets with clear poly carbonate sections to maximise light.

The builder will be required to perform / assist with / guide in the following:

* Digging out the footings
* Laying the concrete floor and foundations
* Building the walls
* Building the roof
* Waste plumbing

In essence I want a floor with four walls and a roof that can be signed off by building control! I will be a willing and able labourer in the work above, and will do as much as is possible to keep the price down.

The following tasks will be done by myself alone once the above is in place.

* Rendering and/or painting
* Fitting windows and doors
* Plumbing
* Wiring (to be separately handled by an electrician who is also rewiring the house)

Jesus-Ninja
10-04-2010, 09:28 AM
:bump2:

Looking for quotes from professionals for the whole piece or parts of. Work expected to start in about 8 weeks :)

aboo
10-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Pitty you were'nt a bit closer. I could have done this for you.

Jesus-Ninja
10-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Any finger in the air as to what I'm looking at, cost wise?

aboo
10-04-2010, 05:13 PM
I could work out what material you would need for the brickying side of things if you wanted.

Jesus-Ninja
10-04-2010, 05:37 PM
I could work out what material you would need for the brickying side of things if you wanted.

That would be really useful, if you have time :)

Looking at what I've drawn up, I'm thinking a single RSJ as a lintel above the window and both doors. Would that make sense?

aboo
10-04-2010, 05:43 PM
No. If you build it all in 6" blocks & your wanting to roughcast it then concrete lintols would be better. If you put in a RSJ then you would have problems getting the roughcast to stick.

I'll work out what you need & pm you.

Jesus-Ninja
10-04-2010, 05:55 PM
No. If you build it all in 6" blocks & your wanting to roughcast it then concrete lintols would be better. If you put in a RSJ then you would have problems getting the roughcast to stick.

I'll work out what you need & pm you.

Star :D :thumbsup:

aboo
10-04-2010, 06:39 PM
You have PM.

Wodjno
10-04-2010, 09:19 PM
So are you building in concrete blocks inside and out ? Then leaving like that ? Rendering ? Or Block inside , brick out..

aboo
10-04-2010, 09:38 PM
I'v gave Nick a list to build it in block then roughcast (render) on the outside.

Jesus-Ninja
10-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Yup - looking for a builder to do / assist with all the structural stuff, and then I'll tart it up :)

ANTHONY
10-04-2010, 11:41 PM
so where you moved to ?

chugg
10-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Looks like a canny project. Hope it goes well :thumbsup:.

Jesus-Ninja
11-04-2010, 12:02 AM
so where you moved to ?

About 5 mins away from where we are now! :)

ANTHONY
11-04-2010, 07:36 PM
my son works for a builder in your area may be worth a call (mayfair constrution) ..
01474 871183

Jesus-Ninja
11-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Nice one, Anthony :) Is that your son's number or the company?

ANTHONY
11-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Nice one, Anthony :) Is that your son's number or the company? thats the company ask for Dean say you know Brad(my son) they may be able to do what you want, they have got a good team with all their own plant ...they are based in Falkam green near brands

Jesus-Ninja
11-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Good man, many thanks for this, Anthony. I just wish I could give you something for beng so helpful... hmmm... like some free wind deflectors! :p :D

Thanks again, will give them a bell tomorrow :thumbsup:

ANTHONY
11-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Good man, many thanks for this, Anthony. I just wish I could give you something for beng so helpful... hmmm... like some free wind deflectors! :p :D

Thanks again, will give them a bell tomorrow :thumbsup:no problem mate