PDA

View Full Version : Disks and Pads

colVR4
06-08-2004, 02:46 PM
What a luverly bunch of guys...them there at NEEDFORSPEED!!! :-D

I will soon be the proud owner of a set of rear grooved, front drilled/grooved BlackDiamond disks and predator pads all round for a billy bargain price of £290 incl VAT and delivery!!! Well I think its a good price considering what Mitsubshi wanted to charge me standard parts!!!!!! :dozey:

I can thouroughly and heartily recommend these guys for customer service and friendliness all round. As soon as they found out I was a member of CVR4 they couldn't do more to help me (thanks to whoever it was who just bought some bits from them and popped around to thank them afterwards :thumb1: )

Now I just have to work out how to fit them.....is there a "brake replacement walkthrough for numptys" yet in the members area???????

colVR4
06-08-2004, 02:51 PM
There was some confusion as to what the disk sizes were on the front. They think that my model of Galant (V6 Sport 2000) has the 175mm front disks so that is what I am getting sent. The part number for these wasn't in the catelogue so here it is:

part no. 1134 = front grooved/drilled 175mm BlackDiamond disks = £129.15 pair excl VAT

pezza
06-08-2004, 03:01 PM
Nice one mr v6 sport..

I went through the same thing this morning and got the part number for the 275mm front discs. Its listed, somewhere, that these discs were fitted only from Aug 2001.. which is not true!! I have them too on me 2K car...

I got a quote from Motorsport world for grooved all round plus pads for
340 incl delivery so I am going to see what their best price is before calling NeedFor Speed :-)

Cheers for posting that..

I will let you know how what happens.

who did you speak to at NFS BTW ?

Cheers Pezzzzzz

colVR4
06-08-2004, 03:05 PM
I spoke to Trevor but there is also a guy called Keith who has dealt with a few club members in the past.

pezza
06-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Cheers for that....

I just spoke to motorsportworld and they will do it for ..wait for it.......
290 squid all in too!

Hmm...is there a something goin on here?..

I will give MotorsportWorld a go..they seem like a good bunch too!

Am tempted to go for the eibachs too...but... but...

colVR4
06-08-2004, 03:30 PM
I think that the suspension upgrade will have to wait until after next pay day now :(

pezza
06-08-2004, 04:07 PM
I know the feeling.... :sad3:

Will you attempt to do the work yourself ?

I was quoted 100 for labour... but I may try and rope in a pal who was the space and tools..

Big Ian
06-08-2004, 07:30 PM
What a luverly bunch of guys...them there at NEEDFORSPEED!!! :-D
(thanks to whoever it was who just bought some bits from them and popped around to thank them afterwards :thumb1: )

your welcome :D
both myself and Yan (strange bat) have used them this week,and i thanked them (in person) for what they have given to all the paid member's
also what i did notice..was that they use far-more supplier's than they use too..
Keith seamed a bit surprized when i introduced myself!..he looked at me an said "you'v not traveld far i hope,just to say thank's?..."No No i only stay 8 mile's away"
Then Trevor saw me and the first thing he said was "i hope you'v learnt to slow down sir!".......i dunno ex traffic cop's an there memories? :rolleyes:

Japmetal
06-08-2004, 09:01 PM
You will not be disappointed with these - I have been using them for some time on my front brakes and have not had any brake fade whatsoever [even the other night when thrashing a Laguna at extremely "creative" speeds :-D ]

Will be upgrading the rear to match early next week, along with my Goodridge braided hose kit :-b

Kieran
07-08-2004, 02:22 PM
....They think that my model of Galant (V6 Sport 2000) has the 175mm front disks so that is what I am getting sent. ...

Tell me that's a typo and you meant 275mm?? :rolleyes5

colVR4
09-08-2004, 08:40 AM
Ooops, well spotted Keiran. It should have been 275mm.

I am going to have a go at fitting them myself (with a little help from a friend at a local garage to give advice and to borrow a few tools from). Was hoping that someone may have written a easy-to-follow guide on what to do....Dave, Pete, Kieran????

Big Ian
09-08-2004, 08:50 AM
one wee tip,before putting on your new disc's to the hub carrier?
make sure both face's (rear of new disc + mounting face of hub) are near mirror finish,use a copper wire brush and not a run-of-the-mill standard wire brush! also some fine wet an dry sand paper,then a light coating of copper grease on the nice clean face's and on the back of your new pad's when fitting.

colVR4
09-08-2004, 11:56 AM
Whys that then Ian?

Big Ian
09-08-2004, 12:12 PM
when you take off your old disc's you will notice (usually) a build up of brake dust and dirt,this is better to be all cleaned away as much as pos,if you don't get the face of both area's as clean as you can then you run a risk of the new disc not sitting flat to the hub/disc carrier which in turn can give un-even brake wear or brake judder in turn this could damage your new part's.
and a light coating of copper grease on the face's (after cleaning/before re-assem) help's with later,if you have to remove or re-new in the future also help's keep water from penetrating between the disc,and some on the rear (not the part that hit's the disc) of the pad's stop's the pad's from sticking to the caliper and the piston.