PDA

View Full Version : Impact beam crashed

Klasman
13-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Hey

Got my front bumber of yesterday for the first time since i got the car.

And found out that my car has been crashed sometime doesnt seem to have been to violent but the impact beam is bent and has cracked the intercooler aswell.

Question is does a impact beam from any 8gen Galant work on my Legnum?
Its not like you can find Legnums at scrapyards here there are some Galants sometimes.

Already got a new intercooler so just need to get an impact beam got a price from a scrap dealer here that wants around 75£... pricey i think atleast.

Beam pic.
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1161/dsc00967d.jpg (http://img3.imageshack.us/i/dsc00967d.jpg/)

swinks
13-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Required part from Galant n/a will do job :whistle:

steelie600
13-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Hey

Got my front bumber of yesterday for the first time since i got the car.

And found out that my car has been crashed sometime doesnt seem to have been to violent but the impact beam is bent and has cracked the intercooler aswell.

Question is does a impact beam from any 8gen Galant work on my Legnum?
Its not like you can find Legnums at scrapyards here there are some Galants sometimes.

Already got a new intercooler so just need to get an impact beam got a price from a scrap dealer here that wants around 75£... pricey i think atleast.

Beam pic.

Ill sell you one for £20 if you sort the postage

The Vee
13-04-2010, 10:15 PM
You may be better speaking to one of the suppliers on here such as Wodjno etc. A N/A V6 galant crash bar is smaller and does not clear the intercooler. The only exception may be the very latest facelift variants with VR4 type bumpers but I cannot confirm those.
Of course if steelie's is off a vr4 it'll be fine.

swinks
14-04-2010, 12:26 AM
That's what I've meant Andy. Same stuff was fitted to Galant Avance (EU version of FL Galant Sport).
Posting parcel with that bar to Sweden may be costly tho...

steelie600
14-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Of course if steelie's is off a vr4 it'll be fine.

Yes its off a vr-4. And postage to sweden via parcels to go is £26.60 + vat

Based on 1.5mx10cmx10cm 20kg weight

edit i know dimensions may be wrong but it was just a quick quote!!

swinks
14-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Because beam is u-shape alike, then more appropriate dimensions: 150cmx25x25cm for postage :tiny:

Klasman
14-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Steelie it would be great if i could buy that one from you

Could you pm me the price for the beam and postage and ill pay you right away :D