PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Companies WTF!!!

Gowf
15-04-2010, 05:03 PM
As im sure you know i'm now driving a 1.6 Colt as my daily hack, so i thought seeing as my trader policy was up for renewal this month i may just save some cash for a while and just privately insure the colt.

So the obligitory websites were visited and phone calls made, but the best quote i came up with is: £690!!!!

Its a 1.6 colt, Im 28, no points, no accidents WTF!!!! The thing is Ive always had a trader policy and they wont take that into consideration as no claims.

So i now have the choice of 690 for a colt or 786 for any vehicle if i renew the motortrade policy..... Not really much of a contest. What a joke!

sky insurance
15-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Sorry but there bare bones of it are, you have 0 years private NCB. Anyone in your situation would be in the same boat.

If the trader policy has been held in your one name my company may be able to help.

Thanks

Humpty's Revenge
15-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Sorry but there bare bones of it are, you have 0 years private NCB. Anyone in your situation would be in the same boat.

If the trader policy has been held in your one name my company may be able to help.

Thanks

That sounds very unfair as you can use your no claims when you start a traders policy but you cant have them when you decide to change back??

Typical money grabbing by insurance companies that only like it there way. :rifle:

sky insurance
16-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Yes yes, everyone hates insurance companies:whistle:

crazyken76
16-04-2010, 12:15 PM
all insurance companys are burgulars they give stupid prices about 3 years back i had a celica gt4 and was costing me £500.00 full comp i then sold it a year later and got me self a leguna 1.8 and it was costing me £750.00 so how do you work that out .

Humpty's Revenge
16-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Yes yes, everyone hates insurance companies:whistle:

You could be right?

But why accept no claims bonus when someone starts up a traders policy but your not prepaired to let them keep it when they decide to have a normal insurance again?

Surely that`s double standards :furious4:

crazyken76
16-04-2010, 12:27 PM
You could be right?

But why accept no claims bonus when someone starts up a traders policy but your not prepaired to let them keep it when they decide to have a normal insurance again?

Surely that`s double standards :furious4:

i think they just make the rules up

Turbo_Steve
16-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Er, actually, yes, they do make the rules up. You see, it's the insurance company who have to assess the risk of taking on a customer, and ascribe a value to that risk. I believe they spend a HUUUUGE amount of time running metrics against large data pools, trying to establish who is going to cost them the most money.

I quite like the idea some other countries have - your tax disk covers you for basic 3rd party cover. Fire and Theft and personal loss, injury etc etc you have to pay for, but you're covered for 3rd party. So nobody is driving uninsured, unless they're untaxed.

stuey
17-04-2010, 02:00 AM
I quite like the idea some other countries have - your tax disk covers you for basic 3rd party cover. Fire and Theft and personal loss, injury etc etc you have to pay for, but you're covered for 3rd party. So nobody is driving uninsured, unless they're untaxed.

That's the way it 'should' be here too....