PDA

View Full Version : World Records

Oblivion
17-04-2010, 07:47 AM
I know there is a lot of amazing work been done by members on here but unless you really know exactly what to search for it can be a bit tedious finding out bits and pieces of information.
I had an idea that there is a section that is obviously easy to find (perhaps from the Home page) containing current VR4 world records for power at the wheels, top speed, 1/4 mile time etc , possibly splitting them for Legnums / Galants, and also for standard engine and turbo configuration and aftermarket / modified engine and turbo setup. This may also give newcomers an idea what is possible with these cars without searching a gazillion posts. I know theres the 1/4 mile table already but it also contains other models and some frankly exaggerated times. Of course any record would have to be verified.
In addition to this we could have a section for notable achievements for things that may not be records but push the boundaries of what has been done such as the first single turbo RWD conversion etc, these can easily be linked to the associated thread for further reading.

Oblivion
17-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Off the top of my head, Valmes must of been gettin close to some kind of record with his setup, maybe Brad for standard engine and turbos?
Kenneths ACD conversion is pretty noteworthy too!

elnevio
17-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Frankly exaggerated?!?

How very dare you!

BTW, that was kind of the point I was making about the 1/4 mile table being a load of nonsense. Good idea though! Although I can see a number of potential issues regarding different dynos, countries, etc...

Oblivion
18-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Hehe yeah, a very good point you made too! I just need to de-tune my car to 44hp so I can run 4 sec 1/4 miles too :D

With a bit of input I'm sure any flaws can be ironed out.... I see what you mean about the different countries and dyno's, perhaps list national records together? IMO the clean NZ air helps for a couple hp :P