PDA

View Full Version : CF Bonnet Gas Struts anyone???

VR4WGN
18-04-2010, 07:51 PM
i hope i dont get in trouble for this but i thought it would me cool for you guys as im SURE theres a few thatll want...

further i will be happy to recieve the GB is there is a few purchasers ok...

have updated this thread with the pictures and details.. pm me or put your name down here if you want...

Gly
18-04-2010, 08:34 PM
some of us cant read ozvr4 content

Louis
18-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Any idea on post to Scotland?

ANTHONY
18-04-2010, 10:19 PM
some of us cant read ozvr4 contentand some of us just can't read oz (mate) /woot

VR4WGN
19-04-2010, 12:59 PM
some of us cant read ozvr4 content

dont you think thats in apropriate dude? you know why!!!:joker:

hardarse
19-04-2010, 07:16 PM
i like the look of them how much in pounds for all, thats delivery and cost of struts

VR4WGN
19-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Hi guys,

I'm currently running a GB on these on supraforums.com.au with already 50+ orders in counting. My supplier can also supply these for the 97-02 Galant/Legnum so I thought I might as well offer them here as well. Struts come only in black with a choice either plain of carbon fibre ones (Real CF wrapped around the gas strut to be exact).

These are excellent quality kits, well packaged and comes with all the mounting hardware as well as instructions on how to mount them.

After discussing with the supplier he is happy to offer the CF ones for $95 delivered and the plain ones for $75 delivered. We'll need a minimum of 10 people for this to go ahead. Prices include shipping in Australia only, please PM me if you'd like a set shipped international.

Production time & Shipping:
All items should take about 2 weeks including production time and delivery once a cut-off date for these are confirmed.

Cut-off time:
I shall run the GB till Friday 7th May 2010. All payments should be made no later than Wednesday 12th May 2010. If we manage to get 10 people earlier than the 7th and no one else is interested then I'll close off the group buy and order just the 10.

i have opted to be the GB reciever for these should anyone want ok.
it will save on freight costs at the end depending on how ever many take part..
as we know there are not many bits for our cars and this is 1 of those not so often opportunitys.. so get in!!!!

Orders:

1. VR4WGN (CF) - NZ Shipping
2. VR4WGN (CF) - NZ Shipping
3. unclepaulie (CF)
4. Scottie (CF)
5. pbaron (Plain) - NZ Shipping
6. pbaron (Plain) - NZ Shipping
7. PeteGT (Plain)
8. matchtheclown (Plain)

VR4WGN
19-04-2010, 08:15 PM
i like the look of them how much in pounds for all, thats delivery and cost of struts

well the unit incl delivery per 1 person is $100 NZ so convert that to Pounds and add say $10 extra at the most maby...

Louis
19-04-2010, 08:36 PM
So did a quick check:

110.00 NZD = 50.9292 GBP
New Zealand Dollars United Kingdom Pounds
1 NZD = 0.462993 GBP 1 GBP = 2.15986 NZD

is that correct, £51.00 UK (before UK inport tax etc)

VR4WGN
19-04-2010, 08:50 PM
possibly lol... i dont know,im useless lol.. talk parts and i know,talk economy and i say my car is NOt economical lol....

Beastlee
19-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Anyone know if you can use these on a CF bonnet? I suspect the bonnet would just flex and snap but I want something better than the main prop at shows!

TomTom
20-04-2010, 12:07 AM

TRD88
20-04-2010, 04:02 AM
Hi guys,

Thank you Quinton (VR4WGN) for putting this up on here. I wasn't aware he did this as I'm not very active on this forum nor am I a trader here so I didn't want simply jump in and organise a GB with anyone knowing who I am. I'm the organiser of this GB on OZVR4.

If anyone is interested please send me a PM and I'll endeavour to get back to you soon with shipping costs etc.

Just to answer some questions:

Any idea on post to Scotland?

Postage is an extra $15AUD via air mail.

You're looking at around £67.00 in total delivered to the UK.

Anyone know if you can use these on a CF bonnet? I suspect the bonnet would just flex and snap but I want something better than the main prop at shows!

They aren't recommended for fibreglass/CF bonnets because as you mentioned the force of the struts may crack the bonnet when opening/closing. I've seen people use these on aftermarket bonnets however I guess it's whether or not you're willing to risk it.

A few of my Supra mates have mounted these to their CF bonnets for over a year with no problems so far, I guess if you open/close your bonnet carefully you should be fine as as said it's at your own risk.

wipash
26-04-2010, 08:18 AM
I think I'm keen, how easy are they to install?

VR4WGN
26-04-2010, 10:04 AM
bolt up