PDA

View Full Version : creaking brake pedal

funkstardelux
18-04-2010, 11:10 PM
just started happening yesterday, ..brakes seem fine, but when nearly full pressed hear a creaking, ..possible the cable going?

Atik
18-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Sorry I cant help, but if you solve it, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me what it was. Mine has been creaking for over a year!

funkstardelux
18-04-2010, 11:27 PM
i got 2 weeks off work, think i'll have to do some tinkering

Louis
19-04-2010, 12:30 AM
CAble?????.
If it happens when you push the pedal hard to the floor when the car is not moving, it's just the backing spring plate on the pads, take the pads out and the backingplates, and put copper grease on the back of the pads, NOT the bit that goes against the disc, but the BACK of the pad.

Jane
19-04-2010, 12:32 AM
Sorry I cant help, but if you solve it, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me what it was. Mine has been creaking for over a year!

Wot he said /yes

taupodrifta
19-04-2010, 12:37 AM
the other option is its the return spring on the pedal itself try spraying it with crc or wd40

Jane
19-04-2010, 12:38 AM
the other option is its the return spring on the pedal itself try spraying it with crc or wd40

Yep, thats what we thought - tried it, didn't work .....

Atik
19-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Yep, thats what we thought - tried it, didn't work .....
Wot she said /yes

funkstardelux
19-04-2010, 10:00 AM
think i'll be taking the pads off and put some copper grease see if it works

K9NG
19-04-2010, 10:42 AM
I have this on my brembos and previously on Hipsec calipers,
Pete also said he gets it on his K Sport set up!
Wierd as single pot calipers don't seem to suffer from this!
I first thought it was the pad backplate flexing but have no idea,
Brakes work which is the main thing :)

Jane
19-04-2010, 10:47 AM
I have this on my brembos and previously on Hipsec calipers,
Pete also said he gets it on his K Sport set up!
Wierd as single pot calipers don't seem to suffer from this!
I first thought it was the pad backplate flexing but have no idea,
Brakes work which is the main thing :)

Ah, ok - so its just another noise to go with the flippin squealing!!!!

Anyone wanna swap a Brembo set up for standard :whistle:

Atik
19-04-2010, 10:52 AM
I have had this only after the manual conversion (about 2 months after), while still running the stock PFL braking system. I dont get any reduction in braking ability which is the main thing, and the pedal feels as good as it should. Its just the damn thing creaks everytime it springs back up.

I'm now on upgraded brakes and it still creaks, so its not anything to do with the calipers I dont think.

The other thought I have is where the brake pedal components mounts to the firewall could be flexing? There is a small amount of flex on my car when this happens but Nick and Richy have looked and are just as puzzled about it.

steelie600
19-04-2010, 10:56 AM
have we greased the bushes in the pedal pivots??? That is usually the cause. You need to take the pedal off the car to do this and where it pivots there may be bushes or bearings that need greasing. Also servos can be known to creak, it may be that the entry seal on the servo need a dab of "RED SEAL GREASE" on them (the bit where the rod goes in)

elnevio
19-04-2010, 11:19 AM
I get a slightly squeaky brake pedal for about a minute after starting up. Then it goes away!