PDA

View Full Version : lamda sensor

leer4
19-04-2010, 09:16 PM
hi /Wyhy i have 2001 l reg have failed mot on lamda reading only but got good co2 reading.
I have no error messages or readings in ecu, I have checked for leaks in system there are none, have replaced air filter and cleaned lamda sensor as well, but still failed on lamda reading, I am thinking my lamda sensor might need to be replaced if this is so dose anyone know whare i might buy one from, that will not cost the £260 that main dealer whants ??

Wodjno
19-04-2010, 09:29 PM
hi /Wyhy i have 2001 l reg have failed mot on lamda reading only but got good co2 reading.
I have no error messages or readings in ecu, I have checked for leaks in system there are none, have replaced air filter and cleaned lamda sensor as well, but still failed on lamda reading, I am thinking my lamda sensor might need to be replaced if this is so dose anyone know whare i might buy one from, that will not cost the £260 that main dealer whants ??

I may have a used 1. I'll take a look t'mora /yes

Camskill do replacements.
Or you should be able to use any generic 4 wire sensor..

And if I haven't got a used 1, I'm sure there is another member with a spare :)

Nutter_John
19-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Was the cat Hot when it was tested , they need to be driven like they are stolen for 10-15 mins before an MOT emissions test if not they can fail

leer4
19-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Was the cat Hot when it was tested , they need to be driven like they are stolen for 10-15 mins before an MOT emissions test if not they can fail

yes it was the garage made shore she was nice and hot befor the test

leer4
19-04-2010, 10:02 PM
I may have a used 1. I'll take a look t'mora /yes

Camskill do replacements.
Or you should be able to use any generic 4 wire sensor..

And if I haven't got a used 1, I'm sure there is another member with a spare :)

Thanks for that if you have a spare how much did you want for it ?

funkstardelux
19-04-2010, 10:15 PM
i did search a while back , found the correct bosch one, forgot the part number now, but i'm sure the thread is still searchable

leer4
19-04-2010, 10:54 PM
I have found this one think it is the one i need can anyone confirm for me ?

http://www.lambdapower.co.uk/partsearch/az2.asp?idlist=LP-20104

WizardKing
19-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Linky to lambda thread ;
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44910&highlight=lambda

My old one (worked for its MOT 2 months earlier) is yours for the postage or pickup, if you want it.
The wires have been chopped off, IIRC. Easily joined back to your lead with choc-blocs, though. As it was the original, the wires should be same colour-code, too.

leer4
20-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Linky to lambda thread ;
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44910&highlight=lambda

My old one (worked for its MOT 2 months earlier) is yours for the postage or pickup, if you want it.
The wires have been chopped off, IIRC. Easily joined back to your lead with choc-blocs, though. As it was the original, the wires should be same colour-code, too.

that was a great help thanks mine would be a postagehow much did you want for it ?

Turbo_Steve
20-04-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm speculating, but I am willing to bet the garage didn't get it hot enough if it had been stood for any amount of time, or if it was a cool day.

Mine was sat around the garage for the morning before he MOT'd it, and (after telling him it needed to be properly warmed up) he drove it "hard" before emissions testing it.

Dunno what his idea of hard was, but I came back, zapped round for 10 mins with my foot mashed into the carpet, came back and it flew through.

When John says "Like you stole it" he isn't kidding!!! The backbox also absorbs a lot of the cold-start fuel vapour, which then burns off slowly at idle and can ruin an emissions test - I suspect this is as much of a problem as the cat!

leer4
22-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Good news car passed mot, was a faulty sensor new one i bought did not work so got replasment that runs at slightly lower temp,

reading whent from 1.19 down to 0.32 so she passed !!!/woot2

:mexicanwav

thanks for all the advise guys

WizardKing
22-04-2010, 10:47 PM
leer4,

Just sent you a pm, then read this !
If you still want a sensor, let me know. Don't want anything for it, just the postage.

If Lee doesn't want it, it's up for grabs !

b.t.w.
Well done passing the MOT.