PDA

View Full Version : 6A13 upgrade -- Turbos, Fuel Pump, ECU Re-Map, Boost Controller

TwinTurbo
20-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Hi all

Finally I found some money to work on my car. a week ago I went to Dyno and tested car only with front wheels (need your opinion on it!!) it showed 188.2WHP at 0.5Bar boost (unfortunately running tests on 3rd Gear instead of 4th) and I am not happy with it so decided to make a little improvement. so here it goes:

going to buy some new parts for my baby: New pair of Turbos (from Subaru WRX: IHI VF24), new Fuel pump from Valbro, Greddy Boost Controller and finally Re-Map ECU maps till 1.3-1.5 Bar to get a good AFR and not to get that silly fuel cuts during full throttle :)

so, my question to you guys and I hope gurus will answer them because I will trust you :) :

1. Which turbo is better from 2 choice: IHI VF24 or TD03-7T?
2. Will engine handle 1.3 -1.5 Bar with TD03-7T (not to run all the time, just during race)
3. Do you think that 188.2 WHP on front wheel are the actual HP (gearbox is Automatic)

Finally can some1 gime a link to some 6A13 TT VR-4 project car so that I could look on it ?

waiting for your answers and suggestions guys.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards from Georgia

miller
20-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Interesting! How did you dyno it on just the front wheels? were the rear's free spinning?

No doubt by running just fronts if its done right would reduce in less power readouts than normal?

Welcome aboard CVR4

Mike

TwinTurbo
20-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks Miller

we just removed shaft coming from Transfer case :)) and closed hole with some plastic bag to avoid transfer case oil leak :)

Nutter_John
20-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks Miller

we just removed shaft coming from Transfer case :)) and closed hole with some plastic bag to avoid transfer case oil leak :)

oh my god what sort of animal was the dyno place , the readings will be useless

TwinTurbo
20-04-2010, 01:53 PM
oh my god what sort of animal was the dyno place , the readings will be useless

come on man, its only a FWD/RWD Dyno, so you think that all power will not be transfered to a front wheels ?

miller
20-04-2010, 02:02 PM
come on man, its only a FWD/RWD Dyno, so you think that all power will not be transfered to a front wheels ?

Its defintiely not a true reflection on the cars power output.

Nutter_John
20-04-2010, 02:04 PM
You have a viscous center diff that is designed to spilt the power between the front and rear diff's , by removing the prop shaft you are basically sending 100% of load on the front diff only whilst having 0 load on the rear side of the xfer box .

This will burn out your xfer box , plus putting a plastic bag over the propshaft entry is not going to stop the fuild running out into the bag , thus your also running on low fuild .

The reading will be useless as you are not measuring the power , on full load the power moves from 50/50 to 40/60 , this will not be picked up by reading the front wheels

TwinTurbo
20-04-2010, 02:18 PM
You have a viscous center diff that is designed to spilt the power between the front and rear diff's , by removing the prop shaft you are basically sending 100% of load on the front diff only whilst having 0 load on the rear side of the xfer box .

This will burn out your xfer box , plus putting a plastic bag over the propshaft entry is not going to stop the fuild running out into the bag , thus your also running on low fuild .

The reading will be useless as you are not measuring the power , on full load the power moves from 50/50 to 40/60 , this will not be picked up by reading the front wheels

ok clear about it

what about the other questions that I wrote ? :)

Nutter_John
20-04-2010, 02:21 PM
As to your other questions I suggest that you have a good look around this site as there are quite a few threads about turbos , power etc , serach for some stuff by Gowf as he has the highest powered unforged engine running 450 on bigger tubs

350bhp on td03-7's is around the max

bradc
20-04-2010, 07:54 PM
At the moment you have no idea how much power your car is going to make. All that you've is wasted some money and possibly damaged the transfer case. I'd find another dyno.

Turbo_Steve
20-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Ouch...poor car!

There is masses of info on the path you're choosing to take. As far as I am aware, nobody has gone to "big power" without an expensive aftermarket ECU yet. I'd have to reccomend the Vipec - Nothing else comes close in terms of tunability. The standard ECUs are getting there, though....depends which is bigger - your budget or your patience!