PDA

View Full Version : Stainless exhaust for VR4 for sale - with pics!

calum
08-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Hi all,

Had to change back to a standard exhaust as my wife reckons this one was a bit too loud for her car with us having a baby due in a few weeks!

Anyway, it's now back to standard, so this one's up for sale.

It's a 2 1/2" stainless 'powerflow' custom made exhaust. It has a 2 1/2" bore centre box and a 3" bore straight through polished stainless steel back box, with a slash cut 4 1/2" tail pipe.

Just noticed since it was taken off that the tip has started to go a nice golden colour.

It was built/ fitted in January this year and cost me: £350 for the exhaust, £45 for the de-cat pipe, £90 to have an additional centre box added last month.

So that's £485 I spent on this! It's up for sale for £270 with the de-cat pipe or £240 without.

Should fit both estate and saloon cars, I believe.

Makes a beautiful noise and is pretty quiet over 2250rpm, so good for cruising. Quite a loud burble at idle, and howls when you boot it.

You can see the pics here (use the icons at the bottom of teh pages to navigate around):

http://www.aoqo52.dsl.pipex.com/vr4exhaust/image1.html

http://www.aoqo52.dsl.pipex.com/vr4exhaust/index.html

You can contact me by PM or call me on 01224 635079.

Cheers,

Calum

NevGroom
09-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Calum

I might be interested.

Any idea of shipping cost to Reading?

Also, (for my ignorance :$ ), what is a de-cat pipe - What are pro's so cons of such a device?

Also, will it fit a 2002 saloon?

Nev

Roadrunner
09-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Calum,

I'm interested if Nev doesn't take it (could collect from Aberdeen). Wouldn't need the decat as I have one already. Can anyone confirm that saloon and estate exhausts are the same? (Calum has an estate, I have a saloon)

Thanks,
Brian

P.S. Nev: a decat pipe replaces the catalyst inline in the exhaust (hence de-catalyst). Pro is removing a restriction in the exhaust allowing the gases to get out faster (should improve response); con is that the car may fail its MOT due to the emissions not having been cleansed by the catalyst.

ReggieK
09-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Calum

I might be interested.

Any idea of shipping cost to Reading?

Also, (for my ignorance :$ ), what is a de-cat pipe - What are pro's so cons of such a device?

Also, will it fit a 2002 saloon?

Nev

Hi Nev,

I have a straight through exhaust on mine if you want a listen, not that it will be exactly the same as Calum's, but it would give you an idea. I can also show you what a decat pipe looks like. Had my Cat. put back on for MOT haven't bothered to take it off again yet.

Don't know how old Calum's is but mine cost previous owner around £600 new, so Calum's offer doesn't seem too bad.

BTW How was your holiday :)

Cheers
K

calum
09-08-2004, 11:17 PM
I can't guarantee that it will fit, but this thread seems to suggest that it should:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2032

I have no idea how much shipping to Reading will be, but will try and find out. My guess is that you wouldn't see much change (if any) out of £50.

Nev - when you say you might be interested, what does the 'might' depend on? Is it the shipping cost?

Cheers,

Calum

Roadrunner
09-08-2004, 11:33 PM
I can't guarantee that it will fit, but this thread seems to suggest that it should
Cheers Calum, thanks for that. I'll definitely buy it if Nev doesn't want it :)

Brian

NevGroom
10-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Calum

Can't do just yet - Local Mitsi dealer says there would be negative warranty implications :(

Nev

calum
10-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Spoilsports! Did notice your car was quite new but never thought about any warranty issues.

Anyway, Brian, looks like you've got yourself an exhaust. I'm thinking that I will be down to Edinburgh on the evening of the 20th. I then plan on heading through to stay with friends in Kilmarnock about lunchtime on Saturday 21st. So I'll try and make it to the meet (not promising anything, though) but if it doesn't look like I can make it to the meet then I'll leave the exhaust at my dads house and you can collect from there.

Cheers,

Calum

Roadrunner
11-08-2004, 08:33 AM
Thanks Calum :)

You've got PM.

Cheers,
Brian

ReggieK
11-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Calum

Can't do just yet - Local Mitsi dealer says there would be negative warranty implications :(

Nev

Surely the "negative issue" is that the warranty just doesn't cover the exhaust. Can't imagine they would have any other issues outside of that? But, hey, what do I know.

I have a Red Zebra warranty but declared the air induction unit and exhaust at the time and was told that those part just weren't covered.

Il Dottore
11-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Surely the "negative issue" is that the warranty just doesn't cover the exhaust. Can't imagine they would have any other issues outside of that? But, hey, what do I know.

I have a Red Zebra warranty but declared the air induction unit and exhaust at the time and was told that those part just weren't covered.

Reginald,

You exhaust has a lifetime warranty as long as it stays on the car.

Glad to see you're keeping the Car, I knew you wouldn't sell! ;)

Phil.

mike
18-08-2004, 11:07 AM
I'm guessing this is sold now? If not then I'm expressing an interest :D

Mike.

calum
18-08-2004, 11:03 PM
I'm pretty sure H7 will be swapping my exhaust for some of his hard earned this weekend. If he doesn't like the look of it (pretty unlikely) then I'll give you a shout.

Cheers,

Calum

Roadrunner
27-08-2004, 07:21 PM
I'm pretty sure H7 will be swapping my exhaust for some of his hard earned this weekend
Now fitted :)

calum
27-08-2004, 08:10 PM
you likey?

Roadrunner
27-08-2004, 08:23 PM
you likey?
WHAT??! YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP! I CAN'T HEAR YOU! ;) Yep, sounds good :)

Kieran
27-08-2004, 09:25 PM
WHAT??! YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP! I CAN'T HEAR YOU! ;) Yep, sounds good :)

:lolz: Glad you like it! :-D

calum
28-08-2004, 12:48 AM
DOES IT FEEL ANY QUICKER or is it just louder?

Calum

Roadrunner
28-08-2004, 07:28 AM
DOES IT FEEL ANY QUICKER or is it just louder?
Difficult to tell yet. I think it may be. I thought it felt a bit quicker on a short run back home yesterday, but the car was pretty rapid before :) It does sound better ... :cool1: