YEAR: 1996
COLOUR: Trigger Mauve
MILEAGE: 74,000
R.F.L. August 2010
M.O.T. March 2011
PRICE: £3800ono
CONTACT DETAILS: Email or PM
DESCRIPTION: As below

I am offering up for sale my much loved manual Galant VR4. After nearly 4 years of VR-4 ownership it is time for me to move on. This is the third VR-4 that I have owned and I can honestly say it has been the best.

The car is a very rare manual pre-facelift saloon and comes with AYC (which the facelift manual Type-Vs do not) and has metallic trigger mauve coachwork. Having owned two Type S (auto) VR-4s previously, I can honestly say that the manual version of the VR-4 really brings the car to life.

The 'purple peril' as she is known within the Club was manufactured in August 1996 and was first imported into the UK in March 2008. It was purchased by a fellow Club VR-4 member who owned it until August 2009 when I bought it.

The previous owner and I have both maintained this car to a very high standard.

The previous owner had a Cobra Category 1 alarm and immobiliser professionally fitted in March 2008 and it comes with the certificate of installation and two fobs. He also had all belts (including cambelt), tensioners and pulleys changed by Tincknell Mitsubishi in Bridgewater in May 2008.

Since I have owned the car I have added quite a few modifications which I feel have improved yet further what was already a fabulous example of a VR4.

The brakes have been upgraded to KAD 6pot calipers at the front, with 330mm discs and Brembo brakes from an Evo VII on the rear. Ferodo DS2500 pads are fitted all round with Goodbridge braided lines and ATE Super Blue brake fluid.

The suspension has been upgraded to Tein Super Wagon coilovers which are both height and dampening adjustable. These have been left at the factory ride height and the dampening has been set a bit firmer. The car now handles superbly and is still a very comfy ride. The front and rear anti roll bar bushes and droplinks have been replaced since I have owned the car and so have the steering tie rod ends. All of these parts were genuine Mitsubishi original equipment parts. The four wheel alignment was done last month when some new tyres were fitted.

The wheels are high quality, lightweight, Oz Superleggeras in 17x7 fitment. These originally cost £1100 with tyres and are in excellent condition. They currently have carbon effect centre caps fitted and the Falken FK452 tyres are nearly new (bought last month).

I have only ever used high quality Amsoil products in my VR-4s and this car is no exception. The engine oil is changed every 3,000 miles and the AYC fluid is changed every 4,500 miles. The transfer box, rear diff and gearbox oils have all been changed recently too.

The interior is in superb condition with no marks on noticeable wear on any of the seats.

Engine Specifications:
- 6A13TT 2.5 V6 Intercooled Twin Turbo - 280bhp version
- Quad-cam 24V

Engine Misc.:
- Platinum 580 Amp Battery
- Amsoil 0W-30 Severe Service Engine Oil (changed every 3000 miles)
- Ralliart Oil Filler Cap
- Motor Meter Racing Sender Attachment (for oil temperature /oil pressure gauges)
- Engine Undertray (from cold spec car)

Gearbox:
- 5 Speed Manual

Turbocharger & Induction:
- HKS Super Hybrid Panel Filter
- TurboSmart Manual Boost Controller (has only been fitted for the last 6 months and has only ever been set to 0.7bar - which is slightly above standard)

Exhaust:
- Longlife Stainless Steel System with 4 1/4" tailpipe (Cat back)

Drivetrain:
- 4WD
- Active Yaw Control (AYC)
- Transfer Box, Rear Diff & AYC all Amsoiled (ATF in AYC changed every 4500 miles)

Brakes:
- KAD 6-pot Front Calipers with 330mm Discs
- Brembo Rear Calipers with EBC Turbo Groove Discs
- Ferodo DS2500 Pads (all round)
- Goodridge Braided Brake Lines (all round)
- ATE Super Blue Racing High Performance Brake Fluid

Suspension, wheels & tyres:
- Tein Super Wagon Coilovers
- New Front ARB drop links and bushes fitted March 2010
- New Rear ARB drop links and bushes fitted August 2009
- New Rear Toe Control Arms fitted March 2010
- Oz Racing Superleggera 17x7" Alloys
- Falken FK452 225/45/17 Tyres

Interior:
- Carbon Effect Centre Console
- Panasonic CQ-C5303N WMA/MP3 CD Headunit
- Motor Meter Racing 2" T Type Gauge Panel
- Autogauge Smoked 52mm Gauges; Boost, Oil Pressure, Oil Temperature and Voltage
- Genuine Galant Mobile Phone Holder
- Levoc Chrome Pedal Covers
- VR-4 Carpet Mats
- Under Trunk Carpet Trim from UK Spec Galant

Exterior:
- Trigger Mauve coachwork
- Rear Window Tints
- Clear Side Repeaters
- Undersealed with Dinitrol 4941

Additional photos can be seen in my car gallery. However, please note that the car had Evo VIII wheels fitted in most of these photos and these wheels have since been replaced with Oz Superleggeras. The interior shots also do not show the new gauges that were fitted recently.

I would dearly love this car to go to a fellow club member as I honestly believe it is one of the best examples of a VR4 in the country.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have about the car.

gallvr4
20-04-2010, 11:13 PM
wayne wayne wayne!!!!................please don't go to the dark side

best of luck wayne.......if i only had the cash

Spirit
20-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Good luck with the sale mate. I can also vouch for the excellent condition this car is in, and any buyer will be over the moon with it !

Atik
20-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Good luck with the sale Wayne... I sense that you are being pulled toward the Evo?

AlanDITD
20-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Four years? thought you just bought it?

shame for you to sell though mate, looks like a fantastic car..

Good luck buddy!

Kieran
20-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Alas, I am £4249 too short.. /pan

I remember seeing this when Malc had it. It was Minty, Minty fresh - And now with a slew of the *right* upgrades for these cars. That's a corker!

Roberto
20-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Four years? thought you just bought it?

4 years in VR4's not the Purple Peril.

Good look with the sale Wayne and the replacement.

White Lightning
20-04-2010, 11:26 PM
4 years in VR4's not the Purple Peril.

Good look with the sale Wayne and the replacement.

Indeed. I purchased the original white 'Lightning' back in July 2006, so it is nearly 4 years in VR4 ownership. I have owned the Purple Peril since August 2009.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. I will really miss this car when it goes, it's a beauty. But as Atik suggests, I am being drawn to a smaller car, you know for the shopping runs :scholar:

The Vee
20-04-2010, 11:32 PM
I can certainly vouch for this being a good one having had my mits on it! Does seem a lively beast too.
Just a bit surprised to find this thread so soon, thought it was Evolasting love;)

bradc
20-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Rs200?

SGHOM
21-04-2010, 12:01 AM
I would stay away from this car if I were you :skull:

I did a lap of the ring in it with Wayne, & TBH .... I was not impressed :rolleyes3

There was a sweet wrapper in the passenger footwell & an empty crisp packet on the rear seat.................. Oh , and a muddy footprint on the N/S rear carpet . :huh:

Apart from that ?? ;)

miller
21-04-2010, 08:31 AM
Good luck with the sale Wayne, its in brilliant condition this car and I sense it wont be around for too long!

Mike

White Lightning
21-04-2010, 11:14 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that this car is only advertised on Club VR-4 at the moment as I would love it to go to a fellow member. But it will be advertised on the likes of Pistonheads in due course. Also, I will be taking some more photos at the weekend (after another clean and polish) which are more representative of the current setup of the car as the photos in my gallery actually don't show things like the recent gauge install inside.

Oh, and Derek, I would be amazed if you found any sweet wrappers or crisp packets in my car ... if you did, the person who put them there would get a good /pan

:happy:

Nutter_John
21-04-2010, 11:45 AM
you've missed off that fact it is FULLY undersealed :D

MPBVr4
21-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Sounds very nice. Wouldn't mind a car like that myself:d
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
Good luck with the sale Wayne. It was a nice car when I had it but with all the
right mods this will make a fantastic car for somebody.

Now, how much room have I got in the garage?:curtain:

Spirit
21-04-2010, 12:14 PM

Now that would be something !

It's all ready to go on track Malc, so you could keep her for those "special" occassions /yes

White Lightning
21-04-2010, 12:26 PM

Oh, enough room for a VR-4 I reckon Malc :)

In all seriousness, I reckon if you took her for a spin now you would be very tempted. As you say, the car was great when you had it but now with the handling, brakes and performance sharpened up I think you would love it. :guitarist

Oh, and yes thanks John it is fully undersealed with high quality Dinitrol underbody wax. Done by a professional :D

HJM
21-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Wow Wayne - bit of a surprise !?!?!!?? Good luck with the sale mate :)

Now you can go out and buy a proper driver's car - RWD !!!

Don't be a wuss like your bro and buy an Evo - let's face it he got you to support Liverpool - bad man !!!

aboo
21-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Good luck with the sale Wayne.

What happened over at the ring????

White Lightning
21-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Good luck with the sale Wayne.

What happened over at the ring????

Thanks mate.

The only thing that happened over at the Ring was that I realised that I would be having even more fun in a lighter, nimbler car. The VR-4 was superb but I feel that something even more focused would be better /yes

aboo
21-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Thought It may be something like that after 2 of you came back & have been converted to the dark side:)

White Lightning
26-04-2010, 06:57 PM
I have now added some up to date photos to the first post.

White Lightning
26-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Now listed on eBay and Pistonheads. Here are the links for anyone that is interested:

eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1996-Mitsubishi-Galant-VR-4-Manual-VR4_W0QQitemZ230467207653QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomo biles_UK?hash=item35a8ea81e5

Pistonheads:
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1672766.htm

White Lightning
29-04-2010, 12:57 PM
:bump:

White Lightning
30-04-2010, 12:19 PM
As it's a bank holiday weekend and the car is available for viewings, I thought I would give this another bump. :)

White Lightning
01-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Updated with new price. :deal2:

AlanDITD
01-05-2010, 07:48 PM
reading the advert is making me quite sad i cant buy this car....price seems about right to.

White Lightning
02-05-2010, 08:23 AM
reading the advert is making me quite sad i cant buy this car....price seems about right to.

I think it's a good price, Alan. The modifications would cost nearly as much as the current asking price if someone bought a standard VR and wanted the same setup.

White Lightning
02-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Having thought about this carefully I have decided if this car does not sell in the next 3 or 4 weeks then I am going to start putting it back to standard. If this happens I will be offering the following non standard parts for sale. I have listed all items with an idea of the amount I would be selling them for. If anyone is interested in these bits please PM me I will start making a list for first dibs but please remember this will only happen if the car does not sell.

Please note that the wheels would not be available until the KAD brakes were sold and replaced with standard brake calipers (as 17" wheels (or bigger) are needed to clear the KADs)

Oz Racing Superleggera 17x7" Alloys with nearly new Falken FK452 225/45/17 Tyres £400
KAD 6-pot Front Calipers with 330mm Discs £400
(can be supplied with prefacelift and facelift fitments as I have both)
Tein Super Wagon Coilovers £400
Longlife Stainless Steel Exhaust System with 4 1/4" tailpipe (Cat back) £200
Brembo Rear Calipers with EBC Turbo Groove Discs £100
Ralliart Carbon Effect Centre Console £100
Autogauge Smoked 52mm Gauges; Boost, Oil Pressure, Oil Temperature and Voltage plus sender attachment and gauge panel £75
Ralliart Oil Filler Cap £25
BDA Stainless 2.5" Decat £20
Genuine Galant Mobile Phone Holder £20
Under Trunk Carpet Trim from UK Spec Galant £20
Levoc Chrome Pedal Covers £20
Clear Side Repeaters £15

Please note all prices would be plus P&P.

Ralliart1
02-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Having thought about this carefully I have decided if this car does not sell in the next 3 or 4 weeks then I am going to start putting it back to standard. If this happens I will be offering the following non standard parts for sale. I have listed all items with an idea of the amount I would be selling them for. If anyone is interested in these bits please PM me I will start making a list for first dibs but please remember this will only happen if the car does not sell.

Please note that the wheels would not be available until the KAD brakes were sold and replaced with standard brake calipers (as 17" wheels (or bigger) are needed to clear the KADs)

Oz Racing Superleggera 17x7" Alloys with nearly new Falken FK452 225/45/17 Tyres £400
Autogauge Smoked 52mm Gauges; Boost, Oil Pressure, Oil Temperature and Voltage plus sender attachment and gauge panel £75
Clear Side Repeaters £15

Is the boost gauge in bar or psi Wayne?First dib if in bar.

Humpty's Revenge
02-05-2010, 06:22 PM

Clear Side Repeaters £15

Wayne if thats the case then please can I first dibbs on the Brembo Rear Calipers with EBC Turbo Groove Discs please?

I take it they will fit the face lift?

Cheers

AlanDITD
02-05-2010, 06:24 PM
I think it's a good price, Alan. The modifications would cost nearly as much as the current asking price if someone bought a standard VR and wanted the same setup.

Yeah i agree completely mate, i did think it would have been snapped up given its history....

White Lightning
02-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Is the boost gauge in bar or psi Wayne?First dib if in bar.

It is in bar mate, and yes you can have first dibs.

White Lightning
02-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Wayne if thats the case then please can I first dibbs on the Brembo Rear Calipers with EBC Turbo Groove Discs please?

I take it they will fit the face lift?

Cheers

PM replied to mate.
And yes they will fit facelift models.

Humpty's Revenge
02-05-2010, 06:42 PM
PM replied to mate.
And yes they will fit facelift models.

Thanks Wayne........:2thumbsup

Ralliart1
02-05-2010, 08:08 PM
It is in bar mate, and yes you can have first dibs.
Great,thanks.

pezza
03-05-2010, 12:21 AM
hi wayne, I was wondering how loud or quiet your exhaust was. Does the system have the 2 inline resonaters? I may be interested as my standard setup is on its way out although I like the whisper quiet stealth aspect, It's just a shame that its so restrictive. my previous leggie also had an excellent longlife system from the surrey bunch which was was unobtrusive at all revs except at WOT, but I know they build em to requirements.

White Lightning
03-05-2010, 10:21 AM
hi wayne, I was wondering how loud or quiet your exhaust was. Does the system have the 2 inline resonaters? I may be interested as my standard setup is on its way out although I like the whisper quiet stealth aspect, It's just a shame that its so restrictive. my previous leggie also had an excellent longlife system from the surrey bunch which was was unobtrusive at all revs except at WOT, but I know they build em to requirements.

Hi Pezza, my exhaust is quite loud. I think it measures about 88dB at Castle Combe on the static test. Does the back box count as a resonator? If not, then it only has one (I think, will double check later though). It's not ridicolous though and I do not find it intrusive on the road or on motorways but apparently, it sounds awesome on WOT from outside the car :evil2:

Humpty's Revenge
03-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Hi Pezza, my exhaust is quite loud. I think it measures about 88dB at Castle Combe on the static test. Does the back box count as a resonator? If not, then it only has one (I think, will double check later though). It's not ridicolous though and I do not find it intrusive on the road or on motorways but apparently, it sounds awesome on WOT from outside the car :evil2:

Morning Wayne, am I correct in saying that the exhaust is slightly shorter than the estate?

Remember the galoon at A1 breakers, I bought the stainless exhaust of it, well it`s about 4-5 inches to short!

Would that be the case or just the way it was made?

/thankyou

bradc
03-05-2010, 10:32 AM
I beleive that PFL exhausts are the same and FL Galants could be the same as well. FL Legnums are definitely slightly longer.

Humpty's Revenge
03-05-2010, 10:34 AM
I beleive that PFL exhausts are the same and FL Galants could be the same as well. FL Legnums are definitely slightly longer.

Reason why I brought it up is because I`ve got a galoon FL exhaust on my FL estate and it is tucked under the bumper by 4-5inches.

Perhaps it is to do with who ever made it, but it did sit flush on the galoon........

White Lightning
03-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Hmm ... :uhoh:

Having only even owed Galant (saloons), I am not totally sure Steve so I guess I will have to bow to Brad's superior knowledge on the subject /lol

Humpty's Revenge
03-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Hmm ... :uhoh:

Having only even owed Galant (saloons), I am not totally sure Steve so I guess I will have to bow to Brad's superior knowledge on the subject /lol

OK Wayne, no worries mate.

It could be just the way it was made!

bradc
03-05-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm not all the confident on that either!

pezza
03-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Cheers for your replies, I didn't realise such differences were present between pfl and fl saloons and leggies.thanks guys

White Lightning
06-05-2010, 01:14 PM
:bump:

White Lightning
09-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Price now reduced to £3800 ono.

Spirit
09-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Price now reduced to £3800 ono.

Bargain price for someone ! Can't believe this car is still unsold considering all the hype about getting a decent manual VR4

White Lightning
11-05-2010, 07:40 AM
:bump2:

White Lightning
17-05-2010, 11:25 AM
A deposit has now been received, so this car is now provisionally sold pending full payment and collection on Saturday.

AlanDITD
17-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Great news wayne...end of an era.

White Lightning
17-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Great news wayne...end of an era.

It is indeed the end of an era, Alan. I will miss it when it goes on Saturday. Well, until the next time I drive the Tommi anyway :D

Atik
17-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Nice Tommi by the way Wayne /yes

Do you want me to edit thread title or leave it for the time being until the sale has been completed?

White Lightning
17-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Nice Tommi by the way Wayne /yes

Do you want me to edit thread title or leave it for the time being until the sale has been completed?

Thanks, Atik.

Please leave the thread title as is for now mate, just in case the deal falls through for any reason. Thanks.

MPBVr4
17-05-2010, 11:51 AM
:bigcry: Never to be seen again.
Congrats on the sale Wayne. Oh and nice "Tommi" you've got.

HPRULZ
17-05-2010, 01:30 PM
congratulations on selling it, and now I know why club members keep saying my reg number is familiar but cant place it. also being P *** CRN

Kev

White Lightning
22-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Car is now sold. :bigcry:

Can someone in red please update the thread title accordingly? /thankyou

The Vee
22-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Well done mate and bye bye PP !

White Lightning
22-05-2010, 09:54 PM
bye bye PP !

/Wyhy

Spirit
22-05-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm sure she'll enjoy her new life.......even closer to the Green Hell :whistle:

Beastlee
23-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Sold to a German or a Dutchman I suspect! I know a couple have been looking for a nice example on here recently...

White Lightning
23-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Sold to a German or a Dutchman I suspect! I know a couple have been looking for a nice example on here recently...

To a German, mate. See here for details and pics:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49132

They actually saw the car for sale on eBay (as did the guy who bought the white one, from Austria). It seems eBay is a good place for selling Galants (and VR-4s especially) as they are very, very rare in places like Germany and Austria.

Mohan
15-06-2010, 12:29 AM
gutted, due to lack of internet I missed it. don't think I'm gonna find one as sweet as that one. greetings to all

Nutter_John
15-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Hmm does the threads title of SOLD not give it away :P

nbiggstyle
19-09-2010, 04:03 PM
how much man new on this site looking 4 a clean vr4 and would love this 1

aboo
19-09-2010, 04:06 PM
how much man new on this site looking 4 a clean vr4 and would love this 1
This car sold a long time ago. Have a look in the for sale section there are a few cleean Vr4's in there for sale.