PDA

View Full Version : Central locking has gone barmy!

max8su
21-04-2010, 02:35 PM
2.4 GDI 2000 estate

For some odd reason my central locking doesnt work when you try and pyschically lock it internally but it does off the fob. it was working fine the other day and now the internal lock has given up and the doors are unlocking themselves after you arm the alarm. you then open the door and it lets out a long single tone beep....

ideas?

im going to rip apart the door cards and grease everything but is this a known fault on galants/legnums?

thank god i dont live in a bad part of town and the work car park is secure.

Atik
21-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Check that your door open sensor is working right. Its like a little sticky out thing on the inside of the drivers door along the B pillar. It depresses when the door is shut and is released when its open.

If that is not working properly, you car is thinking that the door is not closed when it actually is and it also thinks the door is open when it isnt.

I have the same problem with my car and just need to get around to opening it a cleaning it up. I have deactivated the alarm, opened driver door, popped the bonnet and gone to work under it and all of a sudden the alarm re-arms (the safety re-arm if the doors are not opened in a certain time).

Wodjno
21-04-2010, 03:09 PM
As Atik says.. Check the door sensors.. The Alarm is sensing that all is not correct and is letting you know by unlocking the whole car(normally you get an audible notice as well)