PDA

View Full Version : side exit exhaust ... is it possible ??

Bal
08-08-2004, 07:57 PM
thinkign about this for the gls. anyone got any thoughts. i havent looked under the car to check space etc but im thinking custom side exit .... would be different.

B

ritch_w
09-08-2004, 08:18 AM
with enough £££ anythings possible

should be easier on the gls as the side skirts are not too deep

Galant2004
09-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Side exhaust is always possible, but it will go under the chassis, since factory didn't left any space for side exhaust exit, I think you wanna put on side skirt to make it looks good. Do not lower the car, but to stiffen it up, so exhaust don't scratch the road during hard cornering.

enigma
09-08-2004, 10:36 AM
You will really struggle for space under there for any form of silencer.

I was thinking of having twin side exits (one each side) with no silencers for Japshow........just for a laugh and some serious noise! Will have to see if I have enough time!

Bal
09-08-2004, 11:23 AM
i was thinking of leaving the silencer etc where they are and just changing the tail pipe so it bends roundy into a side exit.

what you think.
B

ritch_w
09-08-2004, 12:42 PM
i was thinking of leaving the silencer etc where they are and just changing the tail pipe so it bends roundy into a side exit.

what you think.
B

ahh see what you are saying - like old skool golfs?

does the GLS have any cuts outs on the bumper for the exhaust or is it flat - if its flat it should not look out of place - try and find some examples and post pics of what you are looking for - just to give us a better idea

:D

Bal
09-08-2004, 01:45 PM
will do matey.

the gls does have the cuts at the back but this is easily solveable with a bit of fibreglass and some spraying.

B

Bal
09-08-2004, 01:46 PM
on another note did you recieve the cheque ritch?

ritch_w
09-08-2004, 01:59 PM
on another note did you recieve the cheque ritch?

nothing today - hopefully tomorrow then!