PDA

View Full Version : new exhaust for estate!!!

pete7
08-08-2004, 08:59 PM
hi all

i am looking at changing at least the back box on my sport estate!!
on my sport saloon ( both x reg year 2000 v6 sports ) the rear valance has a cut-away with a nice oval tailpipe exitting but on the estate no cut out and a naf looking turned down exhaust tailpipe.
has anyone changed this and if so how please?
also will suspension be the same on both ( i fancy lowering the estate )

cheers

pete

Big Ian
08-08-2004, 10:25 PM
i'm not to sure about the suspension,but i'd think ther may be a difference in the (rear) spring's?
as for the cut out you should ask Big Dave Akers..as i think BDA cut his bumper for his Duel set up and he also bought the dress-up edge from mitsy.
i cut away my rear bumper for my duel set up on my saloon,it cut's quite easily.

enigma
09-08-2004, 09:00 AM
Yep, duals will fit on an estate! Easy Peasy! :D

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.akers/images/Exhaust%20final0004.jpg

ritch_w
09-08-2004, 10:05 AM
hi all

yes - estate suspension has different rear springs from saloon.
got this info from my dealer.

J.A.P.
09-08-2004, 02:18 PM
hi all

i am looking at changing at least the back box on my sport estate!!
on my sport saloon ( both x reg year 2000 v6 sports ) the rear valance has a cut-away with a nice oval tailpipe exitting but on the estate no cut out and a naf looking turned down exhaust tailpipe.
has anyone changed this and if so how please?

cheers

pete

Hi Pete, I've just had my estate fitted with new Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs which lowered it by 30mm and transformed the handling. I think both the shocks and springs are slightly different for the estate, but it is easy to find the correct items for your model.

The total price for the parts was approx. £340, but if you check my posting in the Non VR4 Performance Mods forum, you will see that 5 other members have got together to bulk buy this package as the dealer I bought from said he would be able to a special deal for a bulk order. (Too late for me unfortunately!). I'm waiting for him to get back to me with a price, but if you want to add your name, not only will you get the same discount, but it might even drop a bit more.

Interested to see what you do with your exhaust, does look a bit naff doesn't it? Maybe next year... and I'd quite fancy a rear spoiler, but no-one seems to know where to get one or how much. Any ideas?

cheers

Jon

J.A.P.
09-08-2004, 05:57 PM
yes - estate suspension has different rear springs from saloon.
got this info from my dealer.

(reposting - didn't seem to work 1st time)

Hi Pete, I've just had my estate fitted with new Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs which lowered it by 30mm and transformed the handling. I think both the shocks and springs are slightly different for the estate, but it is easy to find the correct items for your model.

The total price for the parts was approx. £340, but if you check my posting in the Non VR4 Performance Mods forum, you will see that 5 other members have got together to bulk buy this package as the dealer I bought from said he would be able to a special deal for a bulk order. (Too late for me unfortunately!). I'm waiting for him to get back to me with a price, but if you want to add your name, not only will you get the same discount, but it might even drop a bit more.

Interested to see what you do with your exhaust, does look a bit naff doesn't it? Maybe next year... and I'd quite fancy a rear spoiler, but no-one seems to know where to get one or how much. Any ideas?

cheers

Jon

I-S
09-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Is it not the case that the estate has self-levelling suspension? How does this affect the operation?

J.A.P.
10-08-2004, 10:47 AM
Is it not the case that the estate has self-levelling suspension? How does this affect the operation?

The parts I bought were specifically for the estate and they were fitted by a Mitsu dealer, so I assume there's no problem. I must confess I don't know how S-L S works though... :dozey:

pezza
10-08-2004, 11:49 AM

Once you change from the non-mitsu shocks, I believe the estates wont have the self level suspension feature anymore. The original mitsu ones have a level sensing mechanism and it detects that there is rear end sag, (under more compression). The driving motion making the shocks move up and down
causes pumping action of oil in a special reservoir to stiffen up the shocks
and raise the rear end ride height... When the car is parked up, the oil slowly drains back to reservoir.

I think thats they carry a 112 quid ex vat price each....

Some of the spring kits for use with the original estate mitsu shocks will lower up to about 15-20mm because of the self level.

pete7
11-08-2004, 10:05 PM
is 2.5 v6 sport exhaust the same as vr4 does anyone know?
at least the last section!

Phil S
12-08-2004, 11:17 AM
I think the Valance on the V6 sport means the pipe needs to be longer but I'm not sure....