PDA

View Full Version : 36% Price Increase In A Few Hours !!

Spirit
22-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Now I know the airlines have to recoup some money, but a 36% increase in a few hours tonight is ridiculous !

At 5pm today I booked 3 seats with Flybe. I know the flight was only about 20% full at this stage as I prebooked our seats at the same time. I have just checked the prices again (always do this out of interest) and the same 3 seats have gone up 36% in 5 hours !!!

And we're not talking about a few £'s here, they have gone from £416 to £566 !!

Sorry, but that just takes the p*ss ! :furious4:

The Vee
22-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Thought this may well happen, but that certainly seems a big jump.

Spirit
22-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Thought this may well happen, but that certainly seems a big jump.

It really annoys me mate. The prices were already over 30% more than when I booked 12 months ago, and with tonights increase nearly double 12 months ago !

On top of that the car hire prices the other end have also increased nearly 100% !

You'd have thought they would be trying to encourage people to book up ?

lancerevo3
22-04-2010, 10:31 PM
there should be big fines for that kind of carry on .
things are bad enough with out riding people.

The Vee
22-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Car hire as well. Shame it takes so long, but it really is cheaper to drive (assuming it's where I think your going). That's almost a two day drive. Not really practical unless you have time on your hands, and that's where they hold the trump card.

Spirit
22-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Car hire as well. Shame it takes so long, but it really is cheaper to drive (assuming it's where I think your going). That's almost a two day drive. Not really practical unless you have time on your hands, and that's where they hold the trump card.

Saying that it isn't mate. A ferry alone to Santander is currently £948 (yes......you read that right) and then a 1100 mile round trip to drive.

Even via Dover it would be a 3000 mile round trip, so the fuel alone would be over £500 plus the ferry costs etc......and all that driving !!

The Vee
22-04-2010, 11:04 PM
BH !! didn't think of the Santander bit. But yep another reason why they have you by the little short ones! Six months time when fleecing has been done you watch them all start undercutting each other again. Cartells and captive markets - why never.................

martin_y
23-04-2010, 06:46 AM
I need to get to Vojens in Denmark next week, and I investigated the train. I can go London - Brussels on Eurostar, then Brussels to Cologne on ICE train, then overnight train to Kolding (near Vojens).

Early estimates were over £1K (return), and thats sharing the overnight cabin with 3 other strangers !!! Flight is £300 odd, so please dont tell me go by train because its CO2 friendly :-(

Fandango
23-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Last night I booked a domestic flight with flybe to collect my new car. It was 76pence when I looked on Wednesday night, and when I booked it had gone to £15.76. Thats an increase of around a billion %. But still a bargain!

aboo
23-04-2010, 06:56 PM
There was a bit on watchdog last night saying that they were bumping up the prices to put people off so they can get everyone that has been stranded home.

Believe that if you want. I dont. Just a money making racket to recoop loses.